Servicing

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:19 pm
by Adelaide (deleted)

Any advice gratefully received!
We have a 2017 Troll 540. Last spring it had its first service at the Hymer dealer in Glasgow - bit of a faff taking it through, and expensive.
We always had our WWBs serviced at the storage facility where we keep our van, by an approved service engineer, and this satisfied the conditions of the manufacturer’s warranty. Can we do the same thing with our Eriba, but will it negate the warranty? Obviously, we need to get this sorted out soon, and a service booked, before we head off to France in May. I’ve emailed Hymer, but not holding my breath for a speedy reply.....

Scroll up

RE: Servicing

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:11 am
by eribaMotters | 5.328 Posts

Unfortunately you do need to go to a Hymer/Eriba main dealer and cannot go to an independent. You also need this for the water ingress test doing as this is not normally included in the price of the service. It is at extra cost to you and judging by some water problems recently it is a must. Your 2017 van may in fact be subject of a window seal recall and it would be a good idea to get in contact with the dealer in case they have missed you in the recall.

You don't say where you are located, as you don't need to go to the supplying dealer. When living in Essex we bought from Lowdhams in Nottingham in 2017 and return it to them for the service, even though we are now on Merseyside. I managed to get a service contract deal which included the water ingress check, basically at no cost.

Colin

ps, we are also off to France, May 18th for 6 weeks

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:21 am
by Adelaide (deleted)

Thanks for your prompt reply - had a sneaky feeling that was the case. The new Eriba dealer in Edinburgh (Roseisle) have not yet been trained to carry out servicing, and won’t be able to do so until later on in the year, so it looks like we’ll be back to Glasgow again. Either that or a wee trip to Adventure Leisure (if you can cal a six hour return trip that!), which might be the best option in light of the possible recall. Am also hot footing it to Aldi tomorrow to get a damp meter, after our last colander type WWB.

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:26 pm
by Derekcbr (deleted)

Whoa! You can go to any reputable independent bona fire caravan service engineer/workshop for a service and I have a letter from Hymer saying just that! You will, however, have to take it to a Hymer agent for the ‘damp’ check to ensure your guarantee. So, take it to an independent for the service which will be cheaper for you and then just arrange for the water ingress check at your nearest Hymer agent.

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:35 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.328 Posts

Have a look here:- How much is a service?

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:09 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.611 Posts

Whilst it is under warranty I will be using a Hymer dealership for my servicing, I enquired to Hymer head office in Germany asking if you could have your van serviced at a non authorised Hymer dealer. The email correspondence is below:

Dear Mr. ......

We refer to your request dated 18.11.2016

You definitely have to go to an authorized Hymer/Eriba dealer for your warranty inspections.

We hope we were able to help you.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards / Cordiali Saluti
HYM_Hymer_Logo_Claim_DE_Blau_4c_RZ
Hymer GmbH & Co. KG
Rocco Lauretta
Technischer Kundendienst
Holzstr. 19
88339 Bad Waldsee
Tel.: +49 (0) 7524 999 360
Fax: +49 (0) 7524 999 89313
Mail: kundendienst@hymer.com
Web: www.hymer.com

Von: HYMER [mailto:info@hymer.com]
Gesendet: Freitag, 18. November 2016 23:59
An: Info
Betreff: General Inquiry_________[259180]

persoenliche_nachricht: Hi Hymer, please can you advise, I live in the UK and I have a 2015 Eriba Familia, do I have to use an official Hymer dealer for all the servicing to keep the mechanical/damp warranty valid or can I use any Caravan engineer/company? Thanks
datenschutz: 1

-----------------------------------------------------
Hymer GmbH & Co. KG
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Bad Waldsee
Registergericht beim Amtsgericht Ulm, HRA 724395
Persönlich haftende Gesellschaft: Hymer Eriba GmbH
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Bad Waldsee
Registergericht beim Amtsgericht Ulm, HRB 726769
Geschäftsführer: Jochen Hein, Bernhard Kibler

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!

Last edited Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:10 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:21 pm
by Strathspey (deleted)

Don't hesitate... ring Adventure Leisure Vehicles at Tebay 01539 624141 absolutely 1st class BOOM! issue sorted... best wishes

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:42 pm
by Old Rocker | 496 Posts

Are you still in Scotland or Northern England? why has no-one suggested Jandi?

Troll 530, Volvo XC60 2,4 R design

Don't ask me nothing about nothing, I might just tell you the truth
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:57 pm
by Adelaide (deleted)

As far as we are aware, Jandi is no longer an Eriba dealer, although they are still operating.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:15 pm
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

Quote: Adelaide wrote in post #9
As far as we are aware, Jandi is no longer an Eriba dealer, although they are still operating.
Have you spoken to them?

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:47 pm
by eribanaut | 1.228 Posts

When I spoke to them 2 weeks ago they were under the impression they were still a Hymer dealer, unless something has happened since then.
Dave

Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 150 Tdi DSG Troll 552 - 2005
Don't worry about the destination, enjoy the journey.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:31 pm
by Williebraveheart | 351 Posts

I would contact Jandi. Your only issue may be timescale.

Stewart

Triton 420 GT 2008. Skoda Karoq 1.5i DSG
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 30 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105784 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0