Jandi

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:22 pm
by Eribanut | 2.025 Posts

Just saw on Facebook Eriba site that suggests Jandi are no longer distributors for Eriba.? Some other company now has the franchise. Really ?????

Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis
Tempus fugit; carpe diem
Scroll up

RE: Jandi

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:05 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.463 Posts

When we up there, admittedly 2 years ago, Sandy was saying that he wanted to retire. Maybe he has, whilst the site never looked suitable for new van sales they were a mine of knowledge on all things Eriba. If this is true we will have lost a veritable treasure trove of knowledge.

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:12 am
by Tinkerbelle | 28 Posts

A (primarily motorhome) dealer on the opposite side of Edinburgh https://www.roseisle.com/sales/caravans/eriba/ has started selling Eribas. As far as I am aware, Jandi is still in business and their website is advertising 2019 Eribas.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:51 am
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

That does seem strange that a manufacturer should have two main dealers in such close proximity competing for the same business.
If Jandi has indeed said they plan to start a slow down and close at some given future date then I would imagine some form of overlap in business might make sense. Hymer could keep selling vans "up north" without any down time or lack of dealer presence.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:21 pm
by eribanaut | 1.228 Posts

I spoke to Jean at Jandi this morning and she certainly never mentioned anything about slowing or closing.
Dave

Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 150 Tdi DSG Troll 552 - 2005
Don't worry about the destination, enjoy the journey.
Poptop320 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:39 pm
by Clinkers (deleted)

I visited Roseisle pre xmas looking at Eribas. They took all the Eriba stock from last years NEC show ( 4 vans) thinking they were getting the franchise as Jandi pulling out. However Jandi had ordered 12 Eribas for 2019 stock. Roseisle now plan to tread water for a year and expect Jandi to stop selling Eribas and them to take on the franchise in 2020 ( They have been a big Hymer dealer for years) . I ordered a new 420 from ALV in Tebay as they seemed more stable albeit further away.

Clinkers

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:37 pm
by Randa france | 12.888 Posts

Thanks Clinkers for confirming that. Where would we be without Jandi? The question did arise on Facebook but was soon laid to rest by David McInnes (MCINND) who everyone knows as a very close friend of Sandy and Jean and is therefore a very reliable source..

Unfortunately however, some people ignored his comments.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:39 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:12 pm

Quote: Randa france wrote in post #7
Thanks Clinkers for confirming that. Where would we be without Jandi? The question did arise on Facebook but was soon laid to rest by David McInnes (MCINND) who everyone knows as a very close friend of Sandy and Jean and is therefore a very reliable source..

Unfortunately however, some people ignored his comments.

Randa

"some people, some people" wat you trying to say Randa man ???

Tempus fugit; carpe diem
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:27 pm

Read your PMs then you'll find out it's not about you.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Eribanut likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:40 pm

Quote: Randa france wrote in post #9
Read your PMs then you'll find out it's not about you.

Randa

Should think not indeed !! We Nuts are not troublemakers !

Tempus fugit; carpe diem
Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:18 pm

I've just exchanged a few messages with David McInnes and he has allowed me to post his comments which are an abridged version of what Sandy and Jean have told him.

Zitat
Yes, still in business until end of year or possibly longer. Sandy is helping the new local franchise with his vast Eriba technical knowledge and probably after retirement he and Jean will assist with any issues. They have 2019 stock in the yard so certainly still in business.

Randa

Eribanut, Markeriba and Doonhamer like this post!
Scroll up

Jandi

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:25 pm

Has anyone dealt with Jandi recently ? I have been in contact with Jean over the last 6 months and have found they are very slow to respond. I requested a part via email a month ago and not having had a response sent a reminder to which Jean came back and advised the part was in stock but stated there were not enough hours in the day these days but would get back to me asap. That was a week ago !
Think if it is business overload they should consider extra staff.

Tempus fugit; carpe diem
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:04 pm

Mike I have moved your new thread to this exisiting thread that you started in January.

The possible explaination is in post #11 above.

Randa

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:21 pm
by bevill (deleted)

Yes, we emailed last week re. our replacement window and Jean has been very helpful. After being held up by response from Hymer who were unable to provide what we needed, she recommended an alternative course of action which meant no business for Jandi. Very impressed.
Bevill

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:46 pm
by Williebraveheart | 351 Posts

Been to Jandi today. They have good range of 2019 530 "specials" on show. Very tempted. They will not be ordering stock for 2020 but will take orders. Possibly carry on servicing and spare parts for a couple of years after that. Very busy and phone never stopped all morning.

Triton 420 GT 2008. Skoda Karoq 1.5i DSG
Randa france, Doonhamer and Eribanut like this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 18 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105781 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2