Blueberry cake

in Do you have a simple one or two pan recipe you would like to share with others? Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:09 pm
by Polyidus (deleted)

Sooooooooooo...
After watching multiple forum entries on the Remoska, I bought the small 2L version of Amazon a couple of days ago.
Now, I'm a cheffy cook - I grill, smoke, cure, ferment, bake all the time and am well kitted out.
I was a bit apprehensive about such a simple device - I mean, it's no Thermomix.

First attempt at a blueberry cake (in Czech, Bublanina) - was a success.

Below is the recipe - quite straight forward, 1 mixing bowl for all the ingredients and I can easily see this working with a jar of well-drained cherries too if you're on a budget or just like me quite often: lazy.

Ingredients
2-½ cup flour
1 cup caster sugar
3 eggs
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 tablespoons vanilla sugar (or 2 tablespoons sugar with ½ teaspoon vanilla extract)
½ cup vegetable oil
¾ cup milk
2 tablespoons butter , to grease the mold
2 tablespoons icing sugar
⅔ lb cherries and / or peaches or plums or raspberries

Mix sugar and eggs and whisk for a couple of minutes until the sugar is dissolved - dip in a finger, rub the mixture between your fingers. If it feels very grainy, whisk a bit more.
Gradually incorporate the rest of the ingredients (except for the fruit). A dash of Kirsh or almond liqueur would work, and gives the added advantage of having a dram of it on the side to enjoy with the cake.

I added a circular baking paper at the bottom of the Remoska, poured in the batter and added the fruit.
Bake for 35-45 min - the centre should be well risen, and a skewer should come out clean, you know the drill.

Behold.

Attached pictures:
Troll 550GT, Volvo V40CC
Randa france, Doonhamer, Big Al, Markeriba, Poptop320 and like this post!
Scroll up

RE: Blueberry cake

in Do you have a simple one or two pan recipe you would like to share with others? Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:13 pm
by Polyidus (deleted)

I'll just add: self raising flower removes the need to use baking powder. The title is "Blueberry cake" but should read: "*enter soft fruit of choice* cake".

Troll 550GT, Volvo V40CC
Scroll up

in Do you have a simple one or two pan recipe you would like to share with others? Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:43 pm
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

I have a Czech friend who gave me a recipe.....she says it's a cherry cake traditionally.......I tried twice. Both times, the top burned and the bottom wasn't cooked so I must compare the 2 recipes and try again! Yours looks delicious.

Scroll up

in Do you have a simple one or two pan recipe you would like to share with others? Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:17 pm
by Polyidus (deleted)

It works - use self raising f'ower. Don't over knead! Avoid strong (gluten rich) flour.

Troll 550GT, Volvo V40CC
Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 32 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12518 topics and 105613 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2