Aircon options

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:34 pm
by Bigmig0 (deleted)

Hi there,
Has anyone added this to their Eriba?
I am thinking Truma sapphire compact or Dometic fresh well 3000. Both are under bench.

Yes, I can see you all frowning but central Spain in the heat of summer is too much without. Ive heard all the arguments against one so with that in mind has anyone any experience of fitting and using a similar unit.
Cheers in advance
Tom

Troll 530 GT - VW Transporter Kombi 4motion
Scroll up

RE: Aircon options

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:08 pm
by SteveJ (deleted)

I have looked in to the details on these and they seem very much doable my theoretical observations:

1) Not sure if output is sufficient in >30C with top up or without winter wrap
2) Fitting size is a little larger than you think as 2-300mm space is required at inlet end, so a larger bench is required
3) Proximity to wardrobe/bed for running outlet ducting up
4) Placement consideration in overall loading plan
5) Possible 2nd external hook-up point (ie split external cable) so completely isolated from van electrics
6) Plan of Eriba steel tubes as 3 cutouts through floor is required and sods law says you will find one

Apart from the 550 seems most placements would be aft of the axle. I did take a freestanding unit one year to France and it was average and the shock of towing was enough to break the fan so a built in purpose made one is the way to go IMO

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:00 pm
by Randa france | 12.889 Posts

There was a discussion about it last year. here's the thread:-Air con

You're right about the Spanish climate however. When in Aranjuez we parked next to a very small caravan (about Puck size) and the owners had towed it up from Cordoba with this bolted to the front.

Air con.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

I would have thought the aircon when switched on, would have brought it up without the need for a tow car.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
FINNWOODY likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:57 pm
by Bigmig0 (deleted)

Thank you Steve,
i would like to get hold of the template required for placing the unit and holes required just to see where it would fit. i agree venting will require some thought.When i get the van back from lowdhams my quest will start in ernest,
Cheers
Tom

Troll 530 GT - VW Transporter Kombi 4motion
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:27 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.328 Posts

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:49 pm
by Bigmig0 (deleted)

Thank you Colin

Troll 530 GT - VW Transporter Kombi 4motion with Exploria-on-Line conversion. still have the CombiCamp Valley.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:22 am
by Stevejoyce (deleted)

If you are going to put holes in the floor, a good tip is to ensure that you are going into an obstruction free area, then make a small hole and push a piece of wire through, which will give you an accurate starting point for measuring where the actual holes will be. If it turns out not to be where expected, a small hole is much easier to fill back in than a big one.

Triton 420 towed by a Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCi
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:09 am
by SteveJ (deleted)

In your 530GT the front bench needs to be minimum 800mm so it will be tight

The neatest solution on running the trunking is to remove and replace the exiting heating one routed to wardrobe so cold air is dropping down over the main bed and circulates back to the front, however you will of lost the blown heating to the front I think this minor for most considering the aesthetics and difficulty of trying to run a second trunking line through the washroom and your GT has a big fridge in the way

There is an additional acoustic enclosure for the unit if you have no choice for under bed placement

Send some pics of your suggested placements and we can have a look :)

Last edited Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:10 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:56 pm
by Bigmig0 (deleted)

Cheers Steve,
When i get it back from Lowdhams i'll send some photos of what I'm thinking
Tom

Troll 530 GT - VW Transporter Kombi 4motion with Exploria-on-Line conversion. still have the CombiCamp Valley.
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 22 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105784 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0