Bed size old style Puck vs new style Puck

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:41 pm
by happylittlefamilly (deleted)

Hi all,

We're looking for a Puck to buy (not a Puck L due to weight limitations).

As we are both pretty tall, bed measures are rather important. Comparing the old style puck with the new style Puck 120 (the one without the front window), measurements as per brochure differ. Our questions:
1: new Puck: it states 177/194 length. Is the 177 the length from end to kitchen wall? This is the measurement that concerns us due to us being taller than that. And the 194 length referring to the door side bed excluding the pillow extension or including the extension?
2: old Puck: is the bed really 187cm long from end to wardrobe wall?
3: old Puck: and how long is the bed on the door side with the little optional extension?

See the photo for reference - the numbers correspond to the measurements we are after:

Maybe someone who has the new and someone who has the old style Puck could quickly measure the distances we are after?

Thanks so much!

Last edited Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:43 pm | Scroll up

RE: Bed size old style Puck vs new style Puck

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:40 am
by dbvwt | 45 Posts

I’ve recently sold my 2005 Puck and the measurements I sent to a potential buyer were 150cm wide x 178cm long.
I never bothered with the extension cushion, too much faffing around and I found it got in the way when making the morning cuppa etc.. I’m 5ft 10/11” and found it fine, my feet sometimes ended up over the end but it wasn’t a problem.
David.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:29 am
by Steve and Debbie | 1.075 Posts

Just measured my "new style" puck 120 gt.

The length '1' of the mattress is 180cm. It's also 180cm on the other side. It does have the extension flap that folds up. The cushion that goes on it is 52cm wide and adds 18cm to the length. I also am 5' 11" . Bear in mind you do not sleep with your head touching the wall so if I wanted to stretch out I would need the extension. The flap does intrude into the limited standing space but it's no bother to drop it down when you get up. I find it uncomfortable when my feet fall off the end but if you sleep on the kitchen side they are kept in !.

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi

Last edited Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:33 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:10 pm

Hello David, hello Steve and Debbie,

Wow, that was quick. Thank you both for the useful information, we are the same height 5'11 and really appreciate your insight and you taking the time to measure. So, basically this confirms that the 177/194x50 for the new Puck versions refers to 177 until the kitchen side and 194 with the cushion.

It would be useful to know from someone with the old-style Puck if the 187 refers to the length until the wardrobe or already with the extension.

Enjoy your weekend :-)

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:20 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.075 Posts

If you cant get an answer here try facebook Eriba Folk

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:59 am
by dbvwt | 45 Posts

We found that we never used the narrow ledge that runs across the back of the ‘new’ Puck, it’s only purpose as far as we were concerned (although I’m sure some do find it useful) was something to bang your head on while in bed!!
It took 5 minutes to remove it (and replace when it came to sell). The improvement it made to the sleeping experience was massive, you could sleep with your head a lot closer to the back wall and no more bumps in the night.
I then fixed one of these to the wall, the existing table slots straight in. The 2 holes I made to fix it were covered up by the ledge when I put it back on.
A 15 minute DIY job in total.
https://www.caravansandcampersltd.co.uk/...-2ft-610mm.html

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:55 pm

Thank you David, that is a good idea and we will keep this in mind once we have purchased the Puck. Still searching.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:07 pm

Hello everyone, I hope you've had a lovely weekend. Anyone here owning an "old style" Puck (see the photo above) and a measure tape to confirm if the bed is 187cm long from end to wardrobe wall, and how long the bed is on the door side with the extension flap that folds up?

Thank you :-)

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:12 pm

So, after long time information hunting we were able to check measurements 2 and 3 inside an old style Puck from 1994.

2, meaning wall to wardrobe wall, is approx 70 inches, 3 meaning wall to end of bed is approx 68 inches, and 74 with the cushion extension.

For us, this was very helpful to know and also a bit of a bummer as the brochures always state 1.87cm length...but this is only true for the door side and with the flap extension use. We are both rather tall and will now really need to think twice before purchasing the Puck.

Maybe look into possible Puck modifications it in order to extend both beds? We have seen a few ideas such as this one http://www.orphanis.com/blog/index.php?Bricolage/2007/07

Thank you again everyone for the friendly and immediate replies!

Steve and Debbie likes this post!
Last edited Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:12 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
4 Members and 19 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105781 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 4