Finally gone and done it ! Updated 31/3/2019

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:56 am
by mr_underhill | 688 Posts

I decided that today would be the day to fit the water inlet socket. The sun is out and that side of the Eriba is in the shade. So, with trepidation I assembled all I thought I would need. I deliberately marked the hole slightly smaller, as it’s easier to cut more than trying to replace stuff. I measured a safe distance from the electrical panel, on the inside, and then went outside. Success, no wires were harmed in the cutting of the skin and I knew the framework wasn’t there as I had checked last weekend. Hole cut, a generous ring of sealant around it and screwed it tight. Now all I have to do is wire it up and test it. B933E8D5-EAAE-4E18-8A23-3F9D37637480.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Update.... I have removed the old water container and pump. I have replaced the old feed pipe with a new piece and used a push on bend on the feed. The power cable comes from behind the fridge ! The next trick is to either trace it or wire a new feed via a switch. Hmmmm ! I think there are 3 or more cables under the van in that location.... given that it will soon be Thursday I may take the easiest way out 🖖 I’ll have a look tomorrow.

2nd update.....I think you have to be as thin as a rake to reach some areas in the cupboards ! Success, I have running water from outside the Puck. I have used the old feed, to avoid disturbing the sealant under the van, and have managed to get a new cable behind the fridge and have a junction in the cupboard underneath the tap.Plugged the pump in and put it in the water, went back inside and turned on the tap...running water . I was so pleased that I had got it right first time..no troubleshooting required :) My neighbour came back as I finished and he was impressed as well.

Tardis II , Eriba Puck 1990 pushing a Fiat 500 Colour Therapy, Twin Air Turbo.

PooleDweller, Randa france, Magpie, Ray Lawrence and like this post!
Last edited Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:40 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 21 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105781 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2