Skoda Yeti 1.2 DSG real world use

in We've got it down to a T Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:14 pm
by Ratty613 (deleted)

Hi folks,

We are looking at getting a 320GT later on in the year. We currently have a Skoda Yeti 2l 140 4x4 which i know will easily cope with towing this size of van. This car is getting a bit old, and I am considering swapping the car as well and I am thinking about the 1.2DSG. I am aware the towing limit is 1200kg but does anyone have this combo or 310 etc and can say what it is like in real world use. I would prefer to swap to petrol so know my options are limited to really this engine and the 1.4 L&K which is quite pricey!!

Thanks

likes this post!
Scroll up

RE: Skoda Yeti 1.2 DSG real world use

in We've got it down to a T Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:12 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.313 Posts

In 2014 I considered the 1.2 petrol Yeti to tow my Famila 310GT. Figures showed it would do it, that is it could cope with the weight. But I wanted more than that and reasoning I would only get a bigger van, 1200kg Triton, went with the 2.0 110bhp diesel. This proved to be a good towcar but I have now sold it and have a 1.5 petrol Audi A3 to yet try towing with.
I know the 1.4 petrol is up to the job and one forum member tows with this engine in a Seat Ateca. As the 1.4 in the Yeti is a rare beast then it could be worthwhile searching out this engine in the Seat, VW Tiguan, etc

Colin

Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
likes this post!
Scroll up

RE: Skoda Yeti 1.2 DSG real world use

in We've got it down to a T Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:30 am
by Chippie (deleted)

Hi, I have a Yeti 1.2L DSG and tow a Puck L 230GT. The Yeti copes very well and on a reasonable run, I get low to mid 30's mpg. Because the engine is relatively small, it does not have the same torque as a deisel engine but to make up for that, the excellent DSG box changes up and down, really smoothly in order to compensate for the lower torque.
All in all, I am very happy with my combination, but of course with a 320 GT there is a bit more weight to pull.
Good luck.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 19 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12526 topics and 105683 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0