Window rubber replacement - recall

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:21 am
by rambling robin (deleted)

Interesting - taking my Jan 2017 built 410 down to AL this morning for service and replacement of split doors plus work on split cupboard hinge mount for front o/head cupbd - amazing quality......

However, I've been advised that the window rubbers all have to be replaced as part of the Hymer recall due to a bad batch of mastic. Curious because I thought it was faulty rubber design that was behind this and mine don't fit the description of the bad ones - i.e. window touching bodywork.

Neurotic Kia Sportage trundling MegaPuck 410
Scroll up

RE: Window rubber replacement - recall

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:32 am
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

I had my rubbers replaced 6/8 weeks ago. Prior to this one of my front windows was touching the bodywork, but I don't know if this was a sign of faulty rubbers.
I'm surprised that yours have not been done yet as Lowdhams of Nottingham told me there was a time limit on the work to be done, and I thought this was by the end of March.

Colin

Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:39 am
by Williebraveheart | 351 Posts

When I was in Jandi last week they were replacing the window rubbers on a 2017 model. Someone just made it.

Stewart

Triton 420 GT 2008. Skoda Karoq 1.5i DSG
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:06 pm
by bernardm (deleted)

Had our Triton 430 serviced at AL two weeks ago and they did the windows then, Steve the service manager said they still had loads to do.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat May 18, 2019 12:27 pm
by Jacol (deleted)

Had ours done on an 2018 Troll at Adventure Leisure. They were fine before recall but woke up to two a leaks this morning. Hubby thinks 2 different problems. One is condensation going under seal and dripping down at my head end and other at feet end is something not sealed properly outside. Another trip to Adventure Leisure.

Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 9 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105780 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2