Sunhat / Showercap for Eriba

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:34 am
by rambling robin (deleted)

It's unlikely we'll get away much or at all this year. Took the cover off the van the other day - it's off at AL for service etc and we're getting it back on Monday. Clean and then cover back on again.

However it seems the me that some sort of mini-cover would be very useful to protect the roof only during the summer months in between trips. This would protect against UV damage, general dirt and bird droppings - but still be quick and easy to remove / refit.

Looking at the roof design it seems to be crying out for a simple cover that goes over the roof and fits either in or underneath the rail - slide in beading, elastic or draw-string sort of thing.

Neurotic Kia Sportage trundling MegaPuck 410
Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

RE: Sunhat / Showercap for Eriba

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:27 am
by Randa france | 12.888 Posts

I'm sure someone on here has one. I think it might be Poptop320.
Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:28 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:31 am
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

Maypole do a version called the "Top Cover"

Colin

Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:18 am
by warddru0455 (deleted)

Before we bought it second hand our Triton it must have sat out in the sun because one side of the roof was full of tiny cracks in the gel coat. They filled up with dirt and looked awful. The cosmetic cover for the chassis was badly peeling it's gel coat as well, along with the two front light mountings. My local body repairer ( also a boat owner) has just painted the lot. Told me the cracks were a problem because he needed to purchase a special filling primer to seal said cracks before applying the finish coat. His advice was to keep it covered,probably why you see lots of boats under wraps. Thankfully I have a full cover and under that is where it is going to reside.
S,W.M,B,O (a mere 5' 1") and myself use two decorating roller extension poles into the two D rings to facilitate putting on the cover. Fairly sure I have seen a advert (video) the poles somewhere . Seemed a bit costly,remembered I had something similar in the shed.They certainly make the job a lot easier.
Regards Wardy

Last edited Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:30 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:11 am
by thecolliss | 137 Posts

Hi - Silver windscreen protector 1.92mtrs X.7mtrs with tabs for attachment, sew 4 together will cover my pop top (troll) and 5 would be a complete cover.
These are on EBAY from China, £1.73 each.
The Maypole cover is £62.
I would use in france etc, the troll is garaged at home.
I've just ordered, will send pics when fitted....

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:29 am
by Frantone (deleted)

Neat idea.
Especially like the idea of using it to protect against tree sap and bird muck in France!

Eriba #5. Triton 420 GT gently nudging Ford Galaxy.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:30 am
by JohnE (deleted)

Quote: eribaMotters wrote in post #3
Maypole do a version called the "Top Cover"
I'll bet the marketing guys at Maypole were up all night to think of a catchy name for their top cover

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:17 pm
by rambling robin (deleted)

The Maypole cover is non-breatheable and I am concerned about the roof sweating in our rapidly changing heat and humidity. Protec seem to do roof covers but not a lot of info. I'll keep looking.

Neurotic Kia Sportage trundling MegaPuck 410
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:19 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.611 Posts
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

I have the maypole top cover for my Familia, I can still open the door and get in the van..

g3p1688-Familia-roof-cover.html

Werbung: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Maypole-Water...1AAAOSwqj9bgVAM

The following contents have been linked to this post:

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!

Last edited Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:19 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
4 Members and 14 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105781 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 4