Table in my 320Gt.

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:28 pm
by NZ100 (deleted)

Have only used our 320Gt three times, and we love it. I felt the last time we went on holiday just recently, that the table is tooo long, as sitting on the seats to do my shoes up, i felt the end of the table gets in the way.
I got intouch with a friend who does a bit of DIY and asked if he could take a bit off the table to make it a bit shorter, no problem, untill he cut the end of the table off, well he/we were not expecting that, high density foam filled table, it was just the end of the table with a wood fillit that the plastic bit screws into.
OK, so its done now, no going back. Has anyone else done the same, probably just me, has anyone got any ideas how to strengthen the end of the table now ??

x

Last edited Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:29 pm | Scroll up

RE: Table in my 320Gt.

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:47 pm
by Jez (deleted)

Not surprised about that because the table is surprisingly light for its size.
I would hollow enough foam out of the cut end to place a new fillet in. I would glue and clamp it in position slightly deeper than the cut edge and put a couple of countersunk screws in from underneath. When dry file and the lightly sand the top and bottom surfaces back to the new fillet.

2012 Triton 430 GT pushing a Honda CRV 2.2 ictdi

Last edited Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:54 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:11 pm
by Suzywong (deleted)

Hi, We shortened our 320 GT table, yes it’s hollow, with a bit of rejigging, we managed to replace the original end and strip. We were pleased, once we got over the “Oh heck moment “

Sue and Gerald

Troll 540 pushing Mazda CX-5
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:11 pm
by NZ100 (deleted)

Thanks Jez, yes that looks like the way to go.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:50 pm
by NZ100 (deleted)

Yes was certainly an "Oh heck moment". Any tips on the way you did it ?

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:17 pm
by Suzywong (deleted)

Hi, From what I remember, on the cut off piece, we removed the formica from both sides, had to cut the actual wood back into the L shaped profile, then slid in into the end of the table, screwed and glued.
Good Luck.

Last edited Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:18 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:26 am
by ROBMAR (deleted)

Our Triton 420GT included the dreaded freestanding overweight, oversized table with rounded corners. I cut about 250mm off one end (resulting in square corners) and glued a wooden batten of a suitable size to the foam core. I then used 4 course threaded No8 screws about 40mm long, to ensure a secure fit. The batten was then stained to closely match the colour of the existing edging.

In our case, I decided to convert it into a removable table with the cut end locating against the rear wall, on top of the existing cabinet. This was simply achieved by fitting a small "tab" on each side, protruding about 15mm below the table. These conveniently slotted into the space between cabinet and rear wall.
I removed both of the massive folding legs and adapted a height adjustable leg from an old picnic table which was quite easily fitted with a swivel underneath the opposite end of the table. When in situ it looks just as if it is an original Eriba feature and works very well. When not required it can be lifted away and stored wherever suitable.

I'm sure there are lots of alternative ways to make a suitable single leg if don't happen to have an old picnic table like I did.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:38 pm
by NZ100 (deleted)

Thought you might like to see final fitting of shortened table, showing that little extra room to get into seat.IMG_20190427_125657.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)IMG_20190427_152606.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)IMG_20190427_155306.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)IMG_20190429_121644.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)IMG_20190429_121727.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

, eribaMotters and granddadgrape like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:24 am
by Suzywong (deleted)

Looks fab, great job !

likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
4 Members and 30 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12526 topics and 105678 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 4