Showering?

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:25 am
by ROBMAR (deleted)

Apart from the occasional couple of nights now and then, we mostly use sites with facilities because of the periodic need to have a shower.

Our Triton 420GT boasts what is probably the best equipped washroom to be found in any caravan or motorhome. It is beautifully fitted out with storage spaces for far more items than you're likely to need in there, and it's attractively designed with lovely woodwork etc. Our van even came with a removable shower head and shower curtain (immediately removed), and it was simply begging to be used. The problem is, HOW do you use it for showering?

This gem of interior design also happens to be the smallest washroom we've ever encountered. The shower curtain only protected three sides, leaving much of the lovely wooden trim exposed to a good soaking. I'm aware that this topic will have been covered many times before, but I really would like to be reminded by other members how they go about cleansing themselves when off piste without flooding much of their van?

We don't have an awning and aren't planning to get one, so not really interested in options outside the van. We are also average size, with myself verging on "slightly portly", so suggestions from vertically challenged or very skinny members won't really help us. I will however assure everyone that I have absolutely no hard feelings towards those people, other than perhaps a little envy in some respects.

Bob

and Newbie22 like this post!
Scroll up

RE: Showering?

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:56 am
by marmite | 400 Posts

Showering in an Eriba touring washroom is only for the very small and flexible, as someone once said we spend all our time trying to keep water from damaging the inside of our caravans and then insist on having a shower.

We do a lot of no facility sites usually at racing events and the options we have come up with are;
1: Close the blinds, lock the door, put large towels on floor next to kitchen sink and then have a strip wash
2: Get a simple toilet tent, close all doors and windows, get one of those shallow wide rubber trug/tub things , stand in it and have a sort of wash and rinse(admittedly not great in the cooler months)
3: Huggies baby wipes are the go to emergency wash system (other brands of baby wipes are available)

Spent years of my childhood without a bathroom or hot water on tap so these methods are second nature to me and I suspect to many others of my age.

Denise

campnsnooze and like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:02 pm
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

I haven't tried it but someone once told me that they put the shower head out of the window and shower outside

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:15 pm
by rutts | 81 Posts

You are right,I can remember reading that but in connection with an eriba car,& on the "other" forum.I too was brought up with only a cold tap in the kitchen but from time to to time feel the urge to shower,even in an Eriba washroom.In the 320gt we bought a battery operated shower pump,a 10ltr bucket of water,a shower curtain draped on strategically placed hooks & a bowl under the van to catch the grey water.We still use a s imilar arrangement in our 420gt but now just add hot water to the inboard water container,works a treat!!done mainly sitting on the loo,lid closed so no fear of going down the pan! dave

Skoda Superb 1.8TSI assisting a 2002 420GT
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:01 pm
by Ezza (deleted)

The "solar shower" is good, I used to use one after dark out on deck of our boat, until someone put a spotlight on me.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Highlander-Sola...988203940&psc=1

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:22 pm
by Jez (deleted)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07CZG9QM7/r...1_FcYWCbTRXZBKP
We have a toilet tent and use a large trug of water heated using either hot water from a kettle or those solar bladder things if the weather allows.
These showers such as the one above work for ages from one charge and are great off grid with no facilities such as music festivals and basic facility sites.

2012 Triton 430 GT pushing a Honda CRV 2.2 ictdi

Last edited Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:23 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:19 pm
by robert wilson (deleted)

I at 5 feet 8 inches use the shower in my 420 2016 edition and all is well with minimal flooding provided I remember to put the floor plug in before I kick off. I have so far not managed to rig up a hook to hang the shower head on (its a bit of a fluff without) and I think it would save water if I changed to shower head for one which has an on off button. Good luck.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:18 pm
by DougD (deleted)

Like Rutts we add a kettle of hot water to the bathroom water container [cold only fitted] and whilst sitting [mainly] on the loo seat use a combination of soapy flannel from the sink and extending tap/shower head to rinse all the important little places.
Seems to work, well no one has complained about any whiff so far.....

Doug

Familia 320 pushing R-Line Tiguan 2.0Tdi
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:13 pm
by Kam | 139 Posts

I use one of these filled with one kettle of boiling water and two of cold. It pumps up so no charging needed and will provide enough water for two showers. I use it in a pop up shower tent which my wife thought was ridiculous until I set it up after a 10 mile cycle ride in last summer’s heat. Now she concedes it’s a pretty good solution. In winter I fill the washroom basin with soapy water and get the flannel out.

Attached pictures:
No rights to view attachments. Only file names are shown. Register now!
 DFF43D1F-906C-40CC-BD1D-08A3BA43E211.jpeg 

Last edited Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:14 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:59 pm
by gattim (deleted)

“Our Triton 420GT boasts what is probably the best equipped washroom to be found in any caravan or motorhome.”

You have got to be joking surely ?!

eribanaut likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:41 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.745 Posts

I took it to be ironic.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:07 pm
by gattim (deleted)

I think not.......

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:08 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.611 Posts

I will always use the site facilitates. However on the odd occasion I have used the ship shower method which some military folk will be aware of. The curtain is pulled around with my back to the door, this is the tallest part of the bathroom and the shower direction into the curtain avoids drenching the woodwork. I then hose myself down and turn off the water, lather up and then hose myself down again. I am afraid the Eriba bathroom shower" is no place to stand for long periods and contemplate life. It also does help been 5'2"

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!

Last edited Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:22 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 26 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105780 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2