Eriba chimney

in Anything Eriba-related Fri May 17, 2019 8:23 am
by Randa france | 12.887 Posts

Check your chimney cap regularly.
We always check that ours is tight at the beginning of the season.
However this morning I noticed ours is missing.

I suddenly put two and two together for when we arrived at this campsite I did a circuit of the pitches to line the van up correctly. After setting up I did another circuit with the car to park that up but on one of the corners it sounded like I'd run over a large branch or something.

Upon investigation I discovered that it looked like a drain cap or similar but was broken into several bits.

It was only after discovering my missing cap that I realised what it was and it must have fallen off when I did the first circuit. Oh well, a temporary fix using Araldite Rapid and the best tool in my kit, my 30 year old Swiss Army Knife.
Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

RE: Eriba chimney

in Anything Eriba-related Fri May 17, 2019 10:00 am
by warddru0455 (deleted)

I leave my chimney extension in the the cupboard till sited, it is stored with the EHU in plain sight. Tennis ball insitu for travelling. SWMBO is the fail safe device if my one brain cell is on vacation. Regards Wardy.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri May 17, 2019 10:55 am

Didn't have the extension on so just the bit sticking out of the van plus the cap. How do you keep the tennis ball in place when towing?
Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri May 17, 2019 12:03 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.745 Posts

Quote: Randa france wrote in post #3
How do you keep the tennis ball in place when towing?
It's obvious, you put the cap on top of the tennis ball and fasten it with sticky tape. What a daft question!

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet

mr_underhill, Randa france and Eribanut like this post!
Last edited Fri May 17, 2019 12:03 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri May 17, 2019 4:32 pm
by Bobb | 108 Posts

We have a plastic chimney extension given to us by the previous owner who told us it was for use in snow!
Advice appreciated.
Bob

Audi A4 Avant 2.0 tdi ultra S tronic with a 2005 Triton 420GT
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri May 17, 2019 4:42 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

Bob, you are supposed to remove the vented cap and put this in its place and then the cap back on top if using the heater when the roof is up. There was some debate as to using two lengths of tube. Earlier vans appear to have been supplied with two.

Colin

Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Randa france likes this post!
Last edited Fri May 17, 2019 5:52 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri May 17, 2019 5:50 pm
by Ray Lawrence | 668 Posts

Oh Dear,
I was out on my first trip in early April. Didn't get above 8c during the day, obviously much colder at night. So had the gas fire on in the evenings and in the mornings when waking up. All good, warms up really quickly........................................but............................forgot about the chimney extension

So remind me, what is it for? Presumably to prevent gases blowing down the pipe and in to the interior or perhaps blowing the flame out?
Perhaps to prevent heat damage to the popup canvas?

2007 Triton 430GT - Seat Ateca 1.4TSI petrol manual
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri May 17, 2019 7:05 pm
by JohnE (deleted)

The flue extension should be fitted to raise the flue terminal above the pop top roof to prevent the products of combustion produced by the gas heater from entering the caravan.

Randa france and Poptop320 like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri May 17, 2019 7:41 pm
by Bobb | 108 Posts

Many thanks for chimney advice.
Sat here now in E.T. on a CL near Polzeath on our inaugural outing. Everything working a treat!.
Bob

Audi A4 Avant 2.0 tdi ultra S tronic with a 2005 Triton 420GT
Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri May 17, 2019 8:25 pm

Have fun
Randa

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri May 17, 2019 8:32 pm
by warddru0455 (deleted)

Pinched one of the dogs tennis balls,perfect fit .Wedges it's self in place.Brought the Triton back from a service today on lousy Kirklees roads and no problems. It also acts as a smooth surface for when the cover goes back on .

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:29 pm
by atkinbrown | 62 Posts

No question is a stupid question if you don't know the answer!!

Sportique likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:34 pm
by DougD (deleted)

Noticed this last trip after a long lay-off that the chimbley pipe thread was a loose fit...I wonder if it's because I had a tennis ball well screwed into the socket whilst under the cover since last summer?

Doug

Familia 320 pushing R-Line Tiguan 2.0Tdi
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 34 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105780 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0