At Last Tow Car Bought!

in Anything Eriba-related Mon May 13, 2019 9:12 pm
by Morphy | 966 Posts

Hi to all now looking forward to the meet after buying a new to us vehicle that has taken 11 months to sort out. Its been a saga but we have got there. We settled on a Skoda Octavia Scout 2L diesel 150bhp. We pick up the car this Friday and it is booked in for tow bar fitting next Tuesday we have gone for a removable tow bar. So all should be ok now we have a couple of holidays booked this year, just hope the car performs as the reviews say.

We sold the flower buisness but Bev working for the new owner part time which suits her. I am fully retired now and spend most of my time riding motor bikes. Looking forward to meeting our old Eriba friends and making some new Eriba friends at the meet.

See you soon Bev and Steve and our two little friends.
Morphy (Bev and Steve)

Eriba Troll name Trevor year 2004 pushing a Silver Skoda Octavia Scout residing in sunny Lancashire.
Julie Grafo, , eribanaut and Randa france like this post!
Scroll up

RE: At Last Tow Car Bought!

in Anything Eriba-related Tue May 14, 2019 7:39 am
by eribanaut | 1.228 Posts

Same engine as our Kodiaq, and that has preformed really well over the last 18 months, we had the factory fit fold away tow bar which is very neat.
Dave

Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 150 Tdi DSG Troll 552 - 2005
Don't worry about the destination, enjoy the journey.
Morphy likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue May 14, 2019 8:15 am
by Randa france | 12.887 Posts

You are sounding very relaxed Steve. We're really glad it all panned out for you both. How are the two little ones?

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Morphy likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue May 14, 2019 9:35 am
by Morphy | 966 Posts

The two little ones are fine now Roger little Meg the brown one just had operation for several things at £1200 cost. She is getting to be an old girl now 11years old Pip is 12 years old now. It was a worrying time for Meg but happy to report all well.

Ive always said you to go to the vets the dog goes in ill and comes out well. you go in well nd come out ill.

See you soon Roger

Eriba Troll name Trevor year 2004 pushing a Silver Skoda Octavia Scout residing in sunny Lancashire.
Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu May 16, 2019 10:28 pm
by Strathspey (deleted)

Great choice of tow car. we are on our 4th Skoda - brilliant customer care / servicing etc from Thomson and Potter in Perth. The only issue I have with the Octavia Scout, apart from sky high second hand values is the fantastic DSG auto is not available with the 150 BHP engine. Whatever... enjoy and safe travels

Morphy likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri May 17, 2019 9:02 pm
by highmiler | 367 Posts

I have had a Superb 2.00litre TDI since 2013, in 2014 we bought our Troll 530Gt, and the outfit has performed very well, we have been to France every year since then and we have ventured into Italy and Switzerland . In the meantime I have used the car for work in Uk and Europe and now have 140K on the clock, hence my nomenclature.
I have never had a car that has been as reliable as this, and I can honestly say that the only replacements have been one set of brake pads and front discs, a new front drivers seat heater element , and a new AC condenser, otherwise normal service charges. So farewell Citroens to which I was wedded for so many years, my last C5 tourer 2.0 litre TDI was going downhill fast at 70K, my next car may have to be a PHEV if Skoda come up with something similar, that would be great.

Highmiler.Troll 530GT and Skoda 2.0 TDi
Morphy and like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat May 18, 2019 9:48 pm
by Morphy | 966 Posts

Thats reassuring thank you very much for the info pick it up next Tuesday cant wait, yes they hold there value alright. You say 140K that will do me if we ever reach that I will be happy Eriba camper.
Bev & Steve (Morphy)

Last edited Sat May 18, 2019 9:49 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 23 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105780 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1