Hot water kettle for washing and drinks

in Anything Eriba-related Sun May 19, 2019 10:06 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.611 Posts

Here is a cheap alternative to having a hot water boiler installed. We use a low ampage hot water boiler. It holds 3.5 litres of hot water and its enough for washing and making hot drinks through the day. We also use this at home, it's always on 24/7. The 3.5 litre fits ok in the kitchen area if it is located at the front with the low overhead lockers.
The previous famous kettle that Eriba owners used was the super kettle which is no longer available..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B078XHPZZS/r...1_t1_B010E2OMXO

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!

Eribacamper and Keith and Sue like this post!
Last edited Sun May 19, 2019 10:08 pm | Scroll up

RE: Hot water kettle for washing and drinks

in Anything Eriba-related Wed May 22, 2019 11:57 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.745 Posts

Sportique is experiencing problems posting a reply to this thread due to German Forum Gremlins (known as 'Merkels' in the trade) and has asked me to post the following response on his behalf:

I first came across these in the 90's - in Tokyo - they are very common there, and I purchased an export version to bring home - since long-gone. At that time they cost about £100. They are certainly very convenient, and once the water has reached the selected temperature, the running cost is very low, and the rate of evaporation is quite low. I would certainly consider purchasing another one especially as the price has halved!

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu May 23, 2019 3:44 pm
by Randa france | 12.887 Posts

Aha. These "Merkels" occure when someone posts a thread on a page meant for Links only. I will move this thread to the open forum.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu May 23, 2019 4:22 pm
by Keith and Sue | 79 Posts

We've been using them for about 10 years. In that time we got through 3 "superkettles" and were disappointed that the people who imported them stopped trading.

Recently we bought one from Amazon and it is badged as an Addis. It's a step up from the Superkettle and looks identical to the one Poptop320 linked to above. We've had this one about 3 months and use it both at home and in the van. It keeps us supplied with hot drinks for 24 hours on a single fill. Takes about 25 minutes to boil from cold and then stays at 96-7 degrees ready for use.

K&S

2019 Troll 540GT - Mercedes Vito Bluetec 119 Sport

Last edited Thu May 23, 2019 4:23 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu May 23, 2019 6:36 pm
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

Quote: Keith and Sue wrote in post #4
Takes about 25 minutes to boil from cold...
You've got a lot more patience than I have. A half hour wait for the first brew of the day?

Cripes.

I'd have thrown it over the nearest hedge long ago.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu May 23, 2019 7:25 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

Another alternative is Swan 8L tea urn. We used one of these when we had a trailer tent. On a low setting it gave us hot water for washing at a perfect temperature. It was a dual element unit, one to heat up and a lower wattage element to keep at temp.

Colin

Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu May 23, 2019 10:25 pm
by Keith and Sue | 79 Posts

Why would you think that you'd have to wait 25 minutes for the first cuppa of the day from a superkettle?
The kettle is always on and always ready for use.

2019 Troll 540GT - Mercedes Vito Bluetec 119 Sport

Last edited Thu May 23, 2019 10:27 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu May 23, 2019 10:40 pm
by Sportique | 332 Posts

Quote: Randa france wrote in post #3
Aha. These "Merkels" occure when someone posts a thread on a page meant for Links only. I will move this thread to the open forum.

Thanks Randa - thought that was a little strange, as I have not had any other difficulties on the Forum.

Dave

Audi A3 2.0 TDi Sport closely linked to an Eriba 320GT
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun May 26, 2019 11:29 am
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

Quote: Keith and Sue wrote in post #7
Why would you think that you'd have to wait 25 minutes for the first cuppa of the day from a superkettle?
The kettle is always on and always ready for use.
I'm sorry. I wasn't really being serious. I should have made it clearer that I was just messing about.

Having said that - and if you want to be pedantic about it - I guess you'd have to wait 25 minutes for both the very first brew and after each time you'd refilled it, wouldn't you?

Steve and Debbie likes this post!
Last edited Sun May 26, 2019 12:09 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon May 27, 2019 7:27 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

Is it ecologically sound to have something keeping your water hot all the time? I'm just curious as I know nothing about electricity consumption.

Williebraveheart and Steve and Debbie like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon May 27, 2019 11:08 am
by Steve and Debbie | 1.075 Posts

Using just the amount you need at the time you need it is always more ecological. As far as convenience is concerned I've always found something usefull to do while a kettle boils.

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon May 27, 2019 8:33 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.611 Posts

Quote: Islay Corbel wrote in post #10
Is it ecologically sound to have something keeping your water hot all the time? I'm just curious as I know nothing about electricity consumption.

It is thermally insulated like a large flask, it just needs to tick over once it's at the desired temperature..

A bit of energy consumption blurb:

Have constant boiling water at a fraction of the cost of boiling a kettle. The 680W Perma-Therm Thermo Pot from Neostar Electronics not only boils water but unlike a kettle it uses a measly 2W continuously after boiling to keep it hot all day long - meaning you don't have to re-boil each time and you always have hot water on tap whenever you want it!
A recent independent study compared the amounts of energy the Perma-Therms use against 3 popular brands of kettle and in 66 out of 72 different lifestyle comparisons the Perma-Therms use less energy. For example, fill, boil once and use a 3.5litre/6pint Perma-Therm and compared to boiling a typical 2.5KW 1.5litre kettle 5 times over a day you could reduce your energy use (and cost) by up to 68%!

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!

Last edited Mon May 27, 2019 8:40 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue May 28, 2019 6:03 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

Thank you. We only use it twice a day so it probably wouldn't be sound use for us but I guess if you drink a lot of tea then it's a good idea.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed May 29, 2019 10:50 am
by Sportique | 332 Posts

Hmm.

Simple physics tells me that - for the a fixed volume of water (3.5l) it must use more electricity to boil and then keep hot (even at only 2watt), compared to simply boiling the same volume of water once.

You simply pay for the convenience of having instantaneous boiling water (sorry nothing is free in this world)

However, in reality, the typical person actually boils more water than needed each time they boil the kettle. So from this point of view it will save electricity.

Is this logic correct?

Dave

Audi A3 2.0 TDi Sport closely linked to an Eriba 320GT
Steve and Debbie likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 23 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105780 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1