My kind of rig...

in Anything Eriba-related Wed May 29, 2019 12:17 am
by Big Al | 223 Posts

About 100 Morris Minors are taking part on the MOT (Morris On Tour) in Belgium at the moment. Here are just 2 photos I've spotted that interest me. I wonder why. Images have come from the morrisminorowners.co.uk Facebook page.

FB_IMG_1559084635679.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)
Eriba and pickup.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Randa france and like this post!
Scroll up

RE: My kind of rig...

in Anything Eriba-related Wed May 29, 2019 5:45 am
by Randa france | 12.887 Posts

We saw them last year in the Lot Valley including a Morris 1000000.
Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Big Al likes this post!
Scroll up

RE: My kind of rig...

in Anything Eriba-related Wed May 29, 2019 9:09 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.463 Posts

We've done MOT on two occasions. The first time we got the call from our friends who were stranded at Berny-Riviere with a wrecked engine. We had a spare Morris Minor engine at the garage (as you do) so we took a seat out of our Multipla and took it out to France. Neil was envisaging a "busmans holiday" when we got there but all these Morris Minor experts leaped out and jumped to the task of swapping the engines over. All we had to do was sit back and enjoy the sunshine. The second time we went with the Minors to Pont du Gard, still in the Multipla, even made up a plate that said MOT Multipla on Tour, despite their fondness for Minors they're not a bad crowd. Two of our friends are on the current MOT in Belgium.
Neil's boys trip that he did a couple of years ago to Italy, Switzerland and France was an MOT+, following straight on from that years MOT. They toured 2 Minors and a TR6. Amazingly he never even needed to break out the tools, the cars ran perfectly. There is a lot to be said for cars that don't have ECUs, DPFs,VVT or anything else involving letters.

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
Big Al likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 9 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105780 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2