Poptop

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:08 pm
by Eribanut | 2.025 Posts

Recently since we've been away in Spain I have had some problems with closing poptop at the front. We tend to pull front and rear down together at same time so we dont trap any of the fabric. The roof seems to down but when attempting to latch shut find that although they are at max travel they will not go under the clips. The rubber "seal" looks to be secure so wondering if its something in scissor mechanism. Any thoughts? By the way had eaten my weetabix before closing top!😉

Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis
Tempus fugit; carpe diem

Last edited Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:09 pm | Scroll up

RE: Poptop

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:40 pm
by Frantone (deleted)

I think Hymer say front up first but down last. Having said that I’ve seen somewhere a reference to the front clips having been ground down a bit to allow them to locate more easily.

An empty space behind our Ford Galaxy.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:21 pm
by Eribanut | 2.025 Posts

Quote: Frantone wrote in post #2
I think Hymer say front up first but down last. Having said that I’ve seen somewhere a reference to the front clips having been ground down a bit to allow them to locate more easily.

They have in the past been OK and have latched quite easily although I usually do front and mrs nut the back! Somethings amuck!

Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis
Tempus fugit; carpe diem
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:12 pm
by Magpie | 672 Posts

I thought one of the clips at the back in our Troll had been cut shorter - it looked an odd angle. The clip was hard to get under as you describe. At the first service AL agreed and changed it. One of the guys there said I had to hang on to the roof handle and pull down on it as I latched the clip under. I'm not particularly strong but Hey presto it works (even with the new un-shortened clip). Perhaps this would help.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:08 am
by Strathspey (deleted)

I've had similar problems despite fully unscrewing the latches. I now take care to ensure the fabric is folded evenly, close the rear first and then the front. It's still a tight fit but hope this wee tip helps.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:43 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

Has anybody else noticed that the catch plates around the inside edge of the roof opening are set at a different height, comparing front of van to back. The catches used are the same though at the front and the back, meaning one pair is working at the limit of its travel.

Colin

Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Last edited Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:28 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:23 am
by Blueyonder (deleted)

We’re having trouble too (well I am, as I do the inside set up and Clippie does outside). I literally hang on the hook to get it down far enough to get it on the catch, and those who know me will know I am quite a big person! The van is going back to AL on our way home from France next week for other niggles but I won’t be happy if they say this is normal. Someone told me these catches are £50 a pop and I’m worried that having to prise them on and off will result in them breaking.

Whilst I am here, I see Colin replied to this thread and I know he (or someone else) will know the answer. With the water system, is it necessary to drain all six valves every time you move? Or can we just empty the water tank each move and fully drain when we get home?

2017 Land Rover Discovery Sport HSE pulling a silver 2018 Troll 535 GT

Last edited Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:24 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:02 am
by Williebraveheart | 351 Posts

Hi,

I found one of the roof catches rather awkward the first time I used it but I discovered that the black winder was not fully released. On "gentle persuasion" the next time all was well as has been so far.

I do not believe there is any need to drain the entire Combi system each time you move. The onboard water tank -yes. The only time you need to open all six valves is when you are not like to use the van for 7 days or winter storage even though the tank will automatically drain at 3 degrees. Put it this way, I shall not be undertaking a full drain just for moving. Just as a total aside I used Elsan Water Tank Clean to sterilise my pipe system for the first time. It does not contain chlorine unlike Milton or Puri Tabs and for the first time in over ten years I can now drink the water straight from the tap without any aftertaste. Brilliant.

Stewart

2019 Troll 535GT Fixed Bed. Skoda Karoq 1.5i DSG
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:57 am
by Blueyonder (deleted)

Thanks Stewart, that’s one less job to do :)

2017 Land Rover Discovery Sport HSE pulling a silver 2018 Troll 535 GT

Last edited Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:58 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:27 am
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

I'm agreement with Stewart on draining down. Infact before leaving home I part fill the onboard tank, prime the water heater and pipes, then pull the plug in the bottom of the tank. When I get to site it is a simple matter of three watering cans to fill the tank.
Only at the end of a trip when parked up and over winter fully drain down the system. i've also put an isolation switch on the pump so I can leave the taps open even when the 12v circuit is still on.

Colin

Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Williebraveheart likes this post!
Last edited Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:29 am | Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 15 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105781 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2