12v work around for EHU set up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:44 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.745 Posts

Hi, we’ve just bought a 320 Touring 2013 model that has the usual EHU set up and has also got a set of movers installed, with the battery and charger located under the front cushion, below the table. When we’re off grid it’s not a huge problem having no 12v other than the obvious lack of water pumps for the taps and loo. I can’t help thinking it should be reasonably straightforward to tap into the mover battery for the pumps, rather than go to the extent of a 12v system installation , but I don’t know where to start.

Does anybody have any ideas about how we could power the water pumps when off grid - e.g. by tapping into the mover battery cell for example. Ta

CraigF

(Moved from Blog as posted there in error - AC)

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Scroll up

RE: 12v work around for EHU set up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:52 pm
by Pudelwagen (deleted)

I did this. If you study the circuit diagram in the manual and observe the terminals in the fuse box, you should be able to work out which terminal takes the 12V supply from the towcar cable. I just connected a on-off-on 3 way switch onto here with the common termnal going to the fuse board, one switch terminal to the 'car' input and the other switch terminal to the battery, via a suitable fuse, of course. With this set up, I can switch between towing vehicle input, leisure battery input or neither. Remember that having 12V switched on disables the ac input so if you are on mains hook up, you must switch the 12V supply off! The 12V supply powers all the lights and pumps but not the fridge. (This on a 320GT around the same age as yours).

Last edited Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:54 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
5 Members and 33 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105781 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 5