Caravan Club Pitching Problems Again

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:10 pm
by Randa france | 12.896 Posts

Yes, I know that we've done the subject to death over the past 6 years but judging by the huge response we got on Facebook regarding the mistreatment of a couple of our Facebook Members recently, it's worth posting two of the letters of response that members submitted.

In the case of Joan London it was the old "parking nose in problem" and as she is new to Eribas she was left rather concerned.

In Eve's case, it was a general "Jobs Worth" attitude by the CC Club Moffat wardens on an almost empty campsite, which started with Eriba parking but ended up with them hassling her for what can only be called minor infringements (if any) for the whole week.

Pop320 responded thus (I think Hob posted it back in 2014):-

cc.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Mal Nichoston has this to say:-

On 18 Jul 2017, at 15:17, Rosie Eaton <rosie.eaton@caravanclub.co.uk> wrote:
Dear Mr Nicholson,
Thank you for your email regarding pitching on Club Sites and I must firstly apologise that you have not yet received a response, from when your email was initially sent.
I can confirm the ruling regarding pitching is that The Club accepts outfits either being pitched nose in or reversed on to the pitch, therefore, I am unsure of the information given in your email below. However, the outfit, if reversed in, must be aligned with the marker post on the driver's side and if pitched nose in, must be aligned with the marker post on the passenger side.
The above pitching is due to spacing, to avoid the spread of fire, there must be at least 6 metres spacing between facing walls of adjacent caravans, motorhomes or trailer tents and a minimum clear space of 3 metres between adjoining outfits in any direction. In answer to your question, from your description I think your car's wheels were going over on the grass finger in between pitches, therefore, would have been in breach of 3 metre ruling.
There may be a handful of sites where the pitching needs are more specific to suit the site/layout. Therefore, it may be your information was because you stayed at one of our sites that needs a more structured pitching policy.
I do hope the above is of help to you.
Kind regards
Rosie Eaton
Sites Co-ordinator
THE CARAVAN CLUB
East Grinstead House, East Grinstead, RH19 1UA

As I mentioned a short while ago :-

We had the word straight from a deputy Warden at Burford three weeks ago who had just finished his training, confirmed by the Managing warden and his wife.
There is NO SUCH C.C RULE as nose in. Anyone can park nose in or nose out as long as the right hand rear corner or left hand front corner of thier van lines up with the white post. Awning one side, the car the other side. That ensures the 6 metre spacing rule.
They also said that if anyone complained about privacy they shouldn't be on a campsite.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Poptop320, Big Al and felix like this post!
Last edited Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:27 pm | Scroll up

RE: Caravan Club Pitching Problems Again

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:42 pm
by Big Al | 223 Posts

Can't comment on the C&MC, which I think is whom the letter is from but I am a member of the C&CC and have never come across this issue in my limited time of caravanning (5 different sites). My local site, Oldbury Hill has a strict policy of nose facing down hill but that is logical to assist leaving the pitch. The warden will guide you to one side or the other to accommodate an Eriba. The warden's lodge has a diagram showing what is acceptable.

All I can say is I used a very basic campsite called Green Frog in Moffat before I came to the Summer Bash. It was in view of the C&CC site which looked jammed packed. Compared with the other C&CC sites I have used Moffat wouldn't be a place I'd used in future.

1997 Puck pushing a 1970 Morris Minor Traveller, sometimes a Pug 3008
Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:39 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.611 Posts

I always ask the wardens before I pitch up if it's ok to have the back facing the peg, York Rowntree Park caravan club use to be sticklers for nose in with continental vans however for he last couple of years it's not been a problem. I am just sat here now with my nose out......

IMG_20190807_184514.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!

Randa france likes this post!
Last edited Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:09 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:09 pm
by IainG | 31 Posts

In all my years of visiting C&MC, C&CC, independent, and CL sites, I have never been asked to turn my van, or pitch with the door on one side or another. Also goes for all my previous camper vans, which were all LHD with the doors on the 'wrong side'.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:14 am
by Eribanut | 2.025 Posts

Quote: Poptop320 wrote in post #3
I always ask the wardens before I pitch up if it's ok to have the back facing the peg, York Rowntree Park caravan club use to be sticklers for nose in with continental vans however for he last couple of years it's not been a problem. I am just sat here now with my nose out......

Got to change your name to Mr Nosey

Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis
Tempus fugit; carpe diem
Poptop320 likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 21 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12546 topics and 105810 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1