Reich Easydriver Pro 1.8 Motor Mover

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:51 pm
by Steve McMillan (deleted)

Hi All in Eribaland
I have a question and hopefully someone will know the answer, I have booked to have a Reich easydriver pro 1.8 fitted to my 2018 Eriba Triton 420GT, will the mover fit in front of the wheel or will the mud flaps have to come off and it go behind??
Thank you in advance.
Steve.

Scroll up

RE: Reich Easydriver Pro 1.8 Motor Mover

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:22 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

Steve,
I have the earlier and manually engaged Basic, now updated and marketed as the Active. I also own a 430 and the mover is fitted behind the wheel, with no mudflaps. Some alterations of the waste water pipes were also needed I think.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:38 pm
by JefL | 95 Posts

We have the easy driver pro 1.8 fitted to our 410
It has to go behind the axle due to the shock absorbers and brake linkages in the way in front, so yes you will lose the mud flaps.
They are well stuck on and the outer layer of ply came off with one of ours so make sure the fitter does a good job of waterproofing this area after they are gone.
Jef

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:02 pm
by rs540 | 261 Posts

Not sure about the Triton but it will certainly fit front of the axle on a Troll 540, it depends on the space between the wheel and step so this excludes the Troll 530. The forward facing shock absorber is not a problem...

g1p3301-IMG.html

Last edited Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:05 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:03 pm
by JefL | 95 Posts

Definitely won't fit in front of the axle on a triton, even if you elected to remove the step. At least, not using the brackets they supplied me to fit the Pro 1.8. I guess on the 540 the chassis cross members are different. I take your point about the shock absorbers, the Pro 1.8 would clear those but you would still need to do something with the brake linkage on a Triton, maybe it’s a little different on the 540 due to the greater length.

Jef
Freelander 2 and Big Ben, the 410
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:47 am
by rs540 | 261 Posts

Quote: JefL wrote in post #5
Definitely won't fit in front of the axle on a triton, even if you elected to remove the step. At least, not using the brackets they supplied me to fit the Pro 1.8.

I believe Midland Motor Movers supply special brackets for forward fitting of the Reich EasyDriver.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:42 am
by Steve McMillan (deleted)

Thank you for your reply’s 😊

Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 22 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105781 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3