Breakdown cover

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:09 pm
by Bryn | 992 Posts

I just got a quote from greenflag car breakdown, half the cost of rac/aa????? any thoughts advice on Greenflag welcome

Scroll up

RE: Breakdown cover

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:20 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.074 Posts

After extensive research I went with greenflag. It has good reports on the EribaFolk Facebook group.

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:33 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.306 Posts

Many moons ago I used Greenflag and was very pleased. They provide the cover for C&MC and I subscribe to this. Even though my new car is covered for three years with Audi I pay for the C&MC recovery, paying about £110 for two cars, inclusive of homestart and two way recovery. The difference is It covers the caravan as a separate unit, so if it breaks down or you do when not attached to the van will come and collect both from different locations.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:41 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.608 Posts

If you are with the caravan club you can get the Mayday green flag cover which will cover the Eriba and the car. A lot of car Break down policies will only cover you if the car has an issue. When my Familias brakes failed Mayday were called out, I managed to get the brakes sorted, with a caravan engineer, however Mayday green flag were going to take my van home for me at the end of my holiday if I couldn't get them fixed. They will also take you to your destination if you brake down on the way and then bring you back if it cannot be fixed, so you don't miss your holidays..

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:37 pm
by Bryn | 992 Posts

Thanks to everyone, greenflag it is then

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:10 pm
by Bobb | 108 Posts

On a slightly different tack, when in the Dordogne recently I had a nasty Vertigo episode (my second in 12 months) . I subsequently drove home without a problem, but has anyone experienced an illness whilst away and needed the whole outfit repatriated? Did you have insurance cover for this? Is it possible to get cover?
Thanks
Bob

Audi A4 Avant 2.0 tdi ultra S tronic with a 2006 Triton 420GT
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:54 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.608 Posts

Quote: Bobb wrote in post #6
On a slightly different tack, when in the Dordogne recently I had a nasty Vertigo episode (my second in 12 months) . I subsequently drove home without a problem, but has anyone experienced an illness whilst away and needed the whole outfit repatriated? Did you have insurance cover for this? Is it possible to get cover?
Thanks
Bob

Mayday Green flag have "Driver care" which can be added to your Break down cover, if you can prove that you are medically unfit to drive and you have nobody else who is qualified/competent to drive then they will provide a "chauffeur" service.

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:44 am
by Bobb | 108 Posts

Many thanks, i’ll check that out....
Bob

Audi A4 Avant 2.0 tdi ultra S tronic with a 2006 Triton 420GT
Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 54 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12523 topics and 105649 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1