What a plonker!

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:17 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.745 Posts

We left Veryan this morning and drove without incident through Cornwall and across the Tamar bridge (£3 toll in one direction only) to Plymouth.

Past Plymouth we were tooling along the A38 doing about 55mph when a group of scruffy looking bikers came alongside and started gesticulating. Oh, bugger, I thought, what have I done to upset them?

One lad was pointing behind me and then in an upward direction but it took me a minute to twig that he was telling me my pop top was up! Fortunately I was able to stop and yes, the front of the roof was fully raised but fortunately appears to be undamaged.

Normally, Mrs C and I lower the roof together each attaching two clips but this morning I'd done the job on my own but out of force of habit had only fastened my usual two rear clips! As I said, plonker.

So next time a fellow motorist makes an obscene gesture in your direction he may not be urging you to go forth and multiply but be drawing your attention to a problem with your outfit.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet

Last edited Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:32 pm | Scroll up

RE: What a plonker!

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:32 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.611 Posts

I had that with my old Puck, fortunately it was the back came up, I drove all the way home like that including the motorway...

We too had checked before setting off, I have a feeling that is one of the reasons why they now have locks on the front and the top roof is profiled into the lower roof.

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
FINNWOODY likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:16 am
by David Richardson (deleted)

Hi Plonker,
Sorry other about your roof.
Good to hear no damage.
once again great to meet you both

David and Jacquie

Aaron Calder likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:04 am

What ho! Codhead,

It was good meeting you too, especially Sydney.

I distinctly remember saying to you during your pre-flight check, how important it is to ensure that the roof is fastened down prior to towing. It just goes to show how easy it is to overlook even the most important things from time to time.

If you are still having mover problems, JohnE our resident expert is the chap to turn to. Are you going to post your elegant fix for the washroom door self-detachment problem? It's worth passing on.

This article may help with your toilet flush problem: Toilet pump

Forum Administrator
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:29 am
by Randa france | 12.888 Posts

So, it was Wendy's fault for not doing her normal job. Bet she got a row.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:19 pm
by Tomored | 2.128 Posts

Quote: Aaron Calder wrote in post #1
One lad was pointing behind me and then in an upward direction but it took me a minute to twig that he was telling me my pop top was up! Fortunately I was able to stop and yes, the front of the roof was fully raised but fortunately appears to be undamaged.

I am sure that it is not as unusual as it seems , we drove for about 50 miles in France with the front up and no one told us until we actually stopped .

The only way to have a friend, Is to be one
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:10 pm

Quote: Randa france wrote in post #5
So, it was Wendy's fault for not doing her normal job. Bet she got a row. Randa
She was having a shower at the time but her words were, "Thank goodness I wasn't involved or I'd never have heard the last of it."

She's right, you know.

Forum Administrator
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:45 pm
by Williebraveheart | 351 Posts

I have that T Shirt. Also one for failing to raise the jockey wheel before moving off and another for leaving the 13 pin plug trailing on the ground. Fortunately the new van has the screw up front clips.

Stewart

2019 Troll 535GT Fixed Bed. Skoda Karoq 1.5i DSG
Scroll up

Visitors
5 Members and 33 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105781 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 5