RE: Superkettle

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:23 pm
by Deeps (deleted)

Quote: Eribanut wrote in post #13
Has it arrived yet ?

Yes mine has - at 13:42 hrs local time today. Already had a brew from it although you do have to place more tea bags in it than I thought.

2013 Triton 430, VW Touran TDI BM
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:33 pm
by Pop540 (deleted)

hehehehe

what sort of electric plug did you receive? a 3pin uk type or the euro one, that I cannot describe
odd question but just wondered

Last edited Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:36 pm | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:22 pm
by Deeps (deleted)

They are called Schuko plugs which is a short form of the German term Schutzkontakt (literally: protective contact), which indicates that plug and socket are equipped with protective-earth contacts (in the form of clips rather than pins). Schuko connectors are normally used on circuits with 230 V, 50 Hz, for currents up to 16 A. So now you know.

And yes,the kettle arrived with the UK 3-pin lead although the picture in the manual shows the European variety. Um. Never mind, I'll pick up a replacement lead when in town next. Much better than using an adapter I think because the sockets in the van are at the front of the kitchen unit so an adapter stuck in one of those will make walking by a bit tricky.

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:19 pm
by Pop540 (deleted)

so much to learn

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:14 pm
by Deeps (deleted)

Had my first two dozen cups of tea today using the Super Kettle and super it was. One quick rinse through with a small amount of baking powder added to the water was enough to kill the plastic taste - if it was ever there to start with of course - and I was ready to go. Me thinks this kettle is going to come very much in handy come the Spring. to whoever first recommended it.

Scroll up

Visitors
7 Members and 38 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12512 topics and 105567 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 7