Truma S3002 ignition problem

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:37 pm
by maurice williams (deleted)

9EE5A067-B4F5-44DA-A76A-964B611EFD91.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)DB5B5956-C363-4091-BE35-54D2516DCC20.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)
9EE5A067-B4F5-44DA-A76A-964B611EFD91.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)Hello Helpful people
I have a problem with my Truma S3002. It is the basic model which is gas only. It has only one switch on the top right which you turn for ignition and press and hold for gas. I have had it working briefly but a couple of days ago it was dead. No sparking sound from the ignition. I have replaced the 2 AA batteries and still dead. Unfortunately when investigation the problem I tore off one of the wires on the back. This was due to the fact that it had dodgy looking insulation tape which I removed and in doing so away came the wire. However i noticed a piece of metal which after looking at some schematics appears to be completely in the wrong place.
The first picture is the piece of metal removed from the heater and placed next to the battery pack from the ignition assembly.
The second picture is where the piece of metal was. I think it is in the wrong place and should be located at the rear of the ignition assembly. In this picture it is located over the brass tube on the lower right hand side. Why,i do not know.
Does anyone know if I am correct and this piece of metal is in the wrong place.

Last edited Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:04 pm | Scroll up

RE: Truma S3002 ignition problem

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:52 pm
by Stevejoyce (deleted)

Hi Maurice, I will have a look at mine tomorrow, although ours is a 3004 so probably not quite the same. did the wire come off the battery pack or was it a break in the wire. either way it should be fairly obvious where the break is so you should be able to reattach it. You will probably need a soldering iron. there is a lot of sharp metal in there though, watch your fingers.

Triton 420 towed by a Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCi
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:44 pm

Yes.The wire came off the battery pack ignition assembly thing. I have since replaced the 2 AA batteries with fresh duracells and held the broken wire against the connector and still not working. Maybe it is not designed to work unless the heater cover is replaced...i don’t know. I’ll attempt to solder the loose wire back on and see if that works. I’m certain that piece of metal sits atop the ignition assemblt though. It slots in perfectly and although the schematics are not that clear it looks like it lives there. Heaven only knows why it was draped over the copper pipe thing. Thank you for your reply and help.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:21 pm
by Kam | 139 Posts

I found that piece of angled metal on the floor after my last trip. It must have come adrift. I couldn’t work out where it should go so put it in the cutlery drawer. The heater still lights normally without it so you may have another problem.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:52 pm
by Frantone (deleted)

Is that angled piece the retainer for the battery compartment?

Eriba Troll 540GT (#6) and Galaxy.
Don’t grow up.....it’s a trap!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:07 pm

The angled piece of metal Is actually a heat deflector and it is located in the top of the igniter assembly by sliding in. I will upload a photo at some point so everyone can see it correctly located. This is all a learning process for me. I have to get my soldering iron out now and reattach the wire that i broke and see if i can fire it up.
No pun intended.

Last edited Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:08 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:38 pm
by Stevejoyce (deleted)

I would go along with the previous comments. here is mine with the heat deflector in place on the battery box. the thermocouple doesn't have anything covering it. Mine is a 3004 so may be a little different to the earlier version.

battery holder.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

thermocouple.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Triton 420 towed by a Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCi
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:46 pm

Since the heater has been used with the ignition heat deflector not in situ then I suspect the ignition unit has been damaged by heat off the gas flue. So i reckon i need to buy a new ignition unit.

Scroll up

Visitors
5 Members and 33 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105781 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 5