Satellite Dishes, Tripods and Signal Finders.

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:55 am
by Crow (deleted)

Hows about this one then?
http://www.quicksatuk.com/

Scroll up

RE: Satellite Dishes, Tripods and Signal Finders.

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:49 am
by Deeps (deleted)

Is it a requirement that one is in possession of a TV license in order to view broadcasts whether free-to-air or not? I ask because I'm pondering over this whole TV business at the moment and don't want to run foul of the authorities during our UK visit next year for owning a television but not holding a valid UK TV license.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:56 am
by ellen (deleted)

I am guessing but I think that when onsite you are ok as they will have their license, we don't have a separate on for our Eriba.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:47 am
by g6zru (deleted)

The UK TV licence is to permit you to receive any TV transmissions on any number of TV sets at your normal address.
I'm unsure about the situation when at a caravan site but I think it only applies to UK residents as they have to have a UK address to register the licence at.

Fred

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:58 am
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

Quote: g6zru wrote in post #4
I'm unsure about the situation when at a caravan site but I think it only applies to UK residents as they have to have a UK address to register the licence at.
I had a quick (and moderately unsatisfactory) Google on this subject a minute ago, Fred.

I ended up with the impression that a visitor like Alan would be covered by the license held by the site at which he was staying, which is what Ellen said.

Can't think of any other system which would be even remotely workable, really.

The other thing is that if you weren't staying at a site which had a license, or were wild camping, there's more chance of winning the Euromillions jackpot than getting caught by a couple of goons in a TV detector van.

Last edited Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:01 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:27 am
by Deeps (deleted)

[quote]

Quote: g6zru wrote in post #4
................ there's more chance of winning the Euromillions jackpot than getting caught by a couple of goons in a TV detector van.

Oh didn't I tell you, my numbers came up six months ago now. Does that mean I'd best keep one eye out for these goons?

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:32 am
by Crow (deleted)

I would not worry about it, how long would your visit be? I doubt they have the machinery in place for less than 3 months.
http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/?WT.mc_id=mec_Search_Brand

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:36 am
by Deeps (deleted)

Thanks for the link, and yes clicking on the Business and Organisations tab appears to suggest that as long as the campsite owners are in possession of a valid licence then any visitors to the site are also covered.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:21 pm
by g6zru (deleted)

>The other thing is that if you weren't staying at a site which had a license, or were wild camping, there's more chance of winning the Euromillions jackpot than getting caught by a couple of goons in a TV detector van.

I think that the odds are even greater than you think Pete. I recently read an article about the so called detector vans, apparently there were never as many as was claimed and those that did exist have suffered severe attrition. Many were never even fitted out and spent their lives in storage and those that did function were often out of action for want of suitably trained technicians to man them. So if you every saw one it was probably like some of the Gatso speed cameras that have no innards!

Fred

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:41 pm
by Eribanut | 2.025 Posts

Oh didn't I tell you, my numbers came up six months ago now. Does that mean I'd best keep one eye out for these goons?

Well if that the case why care just pay the fine

Last edited Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:43 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 51 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12512 topics and 105579 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1