Water Leak

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:36 pm
by Rodders (deleted)

I have awater leak in out triton 240 GT. It apears to be from the half way sealing strip on the LHS ( toilet side.). Its creeping along the joinbetween top and bottom panel because it has softened the f board it has allowed the end of the wardrobe to spring away from the wall. Ant thoughts ior ideas how i might go about fixing this? Two internal Photos attached

Attached pictures:
No rights to view attachments. Only file names are shown. Register now!
 IMAG1963.jpg 
 IMAG1964.jpg 

Scroll up

RE: Water Leak

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:03 pm
by Ray Lawrence | 668 Posts

Can you confirm the model number and age of your Triton? Is it perhaps a 430 GT?
It needs a precise description because the external fittings are different for each model and would have a bearing as to where the water ingress might originate.

2007 Triton 430GT - Seat Ateca 1.4TSI petrol manual
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:35 pm
by campnsnooze | 1.148 Posts

Hi Rodders

I presume the 1st picture is the strip round the van halfway up the wall on the inside. We too, had water come in through this strip on the wardrobe/bathroom side. It turned out the water was getting in through the awning rail. We have since repaired with the following and have had no problems since. This strip is much easier than using the black mastic stuff and matches the van easier. We purchased the 45mm wide as advised by a caravan engineer and then after fitting sliced off the excess with a plastic knife.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/W4-Wide-Mastic-...tomotive&sr=1-1

Last edited Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:36 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:03 am
by Rodders (deleted)

Hi Ray
Looking at the Serial plate I have two numbers 62092222 which I suppose is the serial number as it is under SERIEN NR. the other number is alpha numeric
VGNTRTN0002698137..Hope this helps
Rod

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:11 am
by Rodders (deleted)

HI campsnooze (great name btw)
Both the photos are of the strip halfway down they are either side of the wardrobe end panel the damp strip continues on into the toilet where it stops at a join. If the leak eas coming from the awning rail shouldn't I see a track of damp from above? I know water ingress is a tricky thing to track down.
Rodders

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:59 pm
by zippy | 70 Posts

I'm thinking its a 2009 Triton 420 GT with a water getting in on the awning rail or middle rail on the outside probably coming in around the middle of the effected area, the heater chimney outlet in the roof can also let water in

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:29 am
by campnsnooze | 1.148 Posts

Hi Rodders....……...It took us a long time to work out where the water was coming from...no other marks. The awning rail repaired the leak, so have to presume that's where it was coming from!!
Chris

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:00 am
by Rodders (deleted)

Hi Chris could you actualy see where the leak was in your awning rail?
Rodders

Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 3 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105781 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1