20 years is a long time...

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:40 pm
by One Eyed Steve (deleted)

Hi everyone, new to the forum but need help already. Just got our 1991 Puck home and went to push it up the drive. 20 years ago we had a Puck that the missus and I pushed up there with no issues. Just now we had to knock up the neighbours to give us a push. No way the two of us could do it. Big difference maybe between being forty someth8ngs and sixty somethings.

So I now need a motor mover fitted ASAP. I live in Essex, near Chelmsford and am looking for recommendations to supply and fit a mover to our new to us Puck.

Any suggestions most welcome

Steve

Scroll up

RE: 20 years is a long time...

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:13 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

Steve,
movers and Eriba's seem to be beyond some fitters due to the none standard chassis design and specila mounting plates needed. Add Puck into the equation and your options become more limited.
I know Dom Fox in Norfolk fits movers and he would be about 2 to 21/2 hrs from you.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:16 pm

Dom Fox, thanks mate, I’ll look him up. Good old google.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:19 pm
by Eribanut | 2.025 Posts

Quote: One Eyed Steve wrote in post #3
Dom Fox, thanks mate, I’ll look him up. Good old google.

https://www.domfox.co.uk/

Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis
Tempus fugit; carpe diem
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:26 pm
by Terryc | 104 Posts

Midland motor movers fitted ours,in Chelmsford ,reich

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:04 pm
by mr_underhill | 688 Posts

I have a 1990 Puck and researched this a while back. The end result was a resounding no movers available.

Tardis II , Eriba Puck 1990 pushing a Fiat 500 Colour Therapy, Twin Air Turbo.
One man and his dog.. retired 🐶
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:08 pm
by Randa france | 12.888 Posts

Do you need a mover other than for your driveway? The reason for the question is that a mover will add about 40kgs to the Puck's weight so will reduce its carrying capacity a lot. There's also the question of ground clearance.

What about a boat winch? boat winch.png - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

and like this post!
Last edited Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:29 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:50 pm

Thanks for the replies chaps. I honestly had no idea of the cost but gather now that we are looking at over £1000 which we simply can not spare. In any case we only paid £2750 for the Puck so spending a third of its value on a mover seems a bit OTT.

Only need it to get the Puck up the slope at home so perhaps a boat winch (which I already have in the back of the shed somewhere) might be a better solution.

Has anyone experience of a Mr Shifter mover? The missus has found one for £250. I suspect it would lose traction up the slope though.

Eribanut and Randa france like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:45 pm

Quote: One Eyed Steve wrote in post #8
Thanks for the replies chaps. I honestly had no idea of the cost but gather now that we are looking at over £1000 which we simply can not spare. In any case we only paid £2750 for the Puck so spending a third of its value on a mover seems a bit OTT.

Only need it to get the Puck up the slope at home so perhaps a boat winch (which I already have in the back of the shed somewhere) might be a better solution.

Has anyone experience of a Mr Shifter mover? The missus has found one for £250. I suspect it would lose traction up the slope though.

Bought a Mr Shifta 2 for our first Triton to get up our drive. Unfortunately drive is gravel so no way it would push the van. If you have tarmac or smooth drive it would probably work. We ended up in storage at farm and although we have mover on our Troll we still keep at farm cause wifes Morris is in garage along with 3 motor bikes 5 push bikes and kitchen sink !!

Tempus fugit; carpe diem

likes this post!
Last edited Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:48 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:28 am
by Sportique | 332 Posts

In a previous life I used to haul our 6-berth Swift WWB up a fairly steep drive, using a hand winch mounted on a post. The drive was soft so the post could be pushed into the ground - there are many types of hand winches and ground anchors or posts available.

HTH

Dave

Audi A3 2.0 TDi Sport closely linked to a 1994 320GT
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:08 am

Quote: Sportique wrote in post #10
In a previous life I used to haul our 6-berth Swift WWB up a fairly steep drive, using a hand winch mounted on a post. The drive was soft so the post could be pushed into the ground - there are many types of hand winches and ground anchors or posts available.

HTH

Dave

So did I but life's too short so got a van with a mover.makes it so much easier

Tempus fugit; carpe diem
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:02 am
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

Whilst usually very effecttive I have [un]happy memories of my winch days.
To set the scene, 1300kg Troll, slight incline up to and more annoyingly across garage entrance, finger thickness clearance each side [once you had lifted 2 x 40kg doors off the hinges. Thin strips of ply on the gravel to cancel out the across axle slope, cable and eye attached to the axle and winch bolted to floor at back of the garage.
I suppose I'd done the job with my able assistant the lovely Mrs eribaMotters half a dozen or so times. It usually went well, but not this time. As the tyres met midpoint on the threshhold the winch decided to spit its teeth out, and there the van sat wobbling, neither in nor out for the rest of the afternoon until neighbours returned from work to get the thing in.
The situation never arose again as fate took hold and I had to sell the van and return to a trailer tent for a couple of years.

Its a bit tight 007-800.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)Its a bit tight 008.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)Its a bit tight 011.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

I now have a Triton with a mover and a nice big garage door. The van is hiding on the right under the green cover.

P1030622-1600.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)Feb 2019 - 4-1600.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Make life as easy as possible for yourselves. We do not get any younger.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

mr_underhill likes this post!
Last edited Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:18 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:21 am
by Randa france | 12.888 Posts

I know it sounds mad but many years ago we owned a Bluebird Caravan towed by an Austin 1800 "Land Crab". I fashioned a removable towball that bolted onto the front of the 1800 so that I could push the van up a tight driveway. By fixing the tow ball off centre towards the passenger's side, I could see past the side of the van while pushing.
It worked a treat as apart from nose weight there was no need to worry about any "pulling physics" as it was all push.
I suppose there's no metalwork to the front of modern cars however.
Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

likes this post!
Last edited Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:23 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:40 pm
by Rocky | 11 Posts

Have a similar problem (age related and part gravel drive) and have decided a winch fitted to metal fence post is possible solution but won't know 'til next year to try !

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:24 pm
by mr_underhill | 688 Posts

That's not a garage, that's a pipe dream !!

Tardis II , Eriba Puck 1990 pushing a Fiat 500 Colour Therapy, Twin Air Turbo.
One man and his dog.. retired 🐶
likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 22 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105781 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3