Repair to Troll bathroom sink

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:50 pm
by Derekcbr (deleted)

Found the ‘enamel’ in the bathroom sink has cracked in several spaces. I think this might be due to some chemicals (make up?) being washed down or a ceramic soap dish left to rattle around during trips. Anyway the pic shows that I have prepared, filled, rubbed down and under coated with an etching primer. I will finish in the next few days and post a finished pic with details of the materials used. That’s if anyone is interested.0045658B-F2EF-4F91-9942-15525DCB3CC2.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Eribanut, Randa france and FINNWOODY like this post!
Scroll up

RE: Repair to Troll bathroom sink

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:12 pm
by Eribanut | 2.025 Posts

Quote: Derekcbr wrote in post #1
Found the ‘enamel’ in the bathroom sink has cracked in several spaces. I think this might be due to some chemicals (make up?) being washed down or a ceramic soap dish left to rattle around during trips. Anyway the pic shows that I have prepared, filled, rubbed down and under coated with an etching primer. I will finish in the next few days and post a finished pic with details of the materials used. That’s if anyone is interested.

Good job Derek, please keep us posted

Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis
Tempus fugit; carpe diem

Last edited Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:28 pm | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:41 pm
by Derekcbr (deleted)

So for those interested - here’s a pic of the finished job. I’m pleased with the result - took a bit of rubbing down (sore fingers) and patience ( haven’t got a lot of that) but the sink is now free from blemishes and looks great. The other pic is of the spray cans used to get a really great finish. Just remember, you’re spraying in a confined space so wear a mask, protect your eyes, open the windows and mask off and cover all areas. Use a heat gun or a good hair dryer to warm the surface and gently warm the coats of paint. Better to put a few light coats rather than one heavy coat of paint. Hope this helps.DD10A902-01FD-44AB-A496-8477BE396D96.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)3AC9F9BD-32FC-47FC-995E-8F9584BFA32F.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:43 pm
by Sportique | 332 Posts

Derek,

thanks for posting and for the materials used - may be necessary in the future!

Dave

Audi A3 2.0 TDi Sport closely linked to a 1994 320GT
Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 13 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12532 topics and 105723 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1