Wanted, advice on weight of an Eriba for sale.

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:30 pm
by Babs (deleted)

I have found an Eriba Triton 410GT 2001 for sale. I have asked the seller for the weight .
The seller sent me a photo of the plate located on the outside of the caravan which just says 1. 1000kg and nothing besides number 2 and 3.
Can anyone tell me if this is the unladen weight or fully loaded. I believe that this particular model normally weighs 790KG unladen and 1000KG loaded. If it is the unladen weight it would be too heavy for my car to tow, once a motor mover and contents are added.
Any advice appreciated
Barbara

Scroll up

RE: Wanted, advice on weight of an Eriba for sale.

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:12 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.328 Posts

Barbara,
the 2001 Triton came as standard with a max 1,000kg axle and as you say empty about 800kg. If you have a photo of the van and it shows 4 studs/nuts per wheel then it is definetly a 1,000kg max van.
Some vans in the UK could round about this time be ordered with a 1,200kg axle. These vans had a 5 stud/nut wheel.
Once a motor mover is fitted to a 1,000kg van then the payload becomes very restricted. What you have to consider is the empty weight specified does not take account of a host of what you think are extras. These include mud flap, Alko 1300 hitch, spare wheel, hot-air ducting, battery, door fly screen etc.
Finally what car do you plan to tow with?

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Randa france, and FINNWOODY like this post!
Last edited Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:13 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:29 pm
by Randa france | 12.889 Posts

Eriba plates are a bit of a mystery.
We only have the one number on our 99 Troll plate which, like your Triton, states that it has a max weight of 1000 which I believe is correct.
However, looking at a few Tritons around the age pf yours, the plates have a few numbers on them. See pic:-

plate.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

The owner of the above year 2000 Triton definitely rates it at 1000kg.

May sound like a daft question but does the van you're looking at have yellow stripes?

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

likes this post!
Last edited Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:16 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:20 pm
by Babs (deleted)

Hi Colin thanks for your reply. My tow car is Skoda Fabia Estate 1.6 tdi, maximum towing weight 1200Kg. I have not actually seen the triton only photos which I will go back to see if I can spot the wheel nuts.
Barbara

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:42 pm

Barbara,
have a look at www.whatowcar.com. If you choose a Fabia combi this would be the same as your estate. You can adjust weights of car an caravan payload to get a good indication of what to expect.
If you sourced a Triton with a 1200kg max axle and loaded it to 1,100kg then apart from acceleration you should be fine. You should be able to carry a reasonable amount in the car as it is a small estate. This would mean no searching for another van a few years down the line when it came time to renew the car

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:51 pm
by Babs (deleted)

Hi Colin and Randa
Having just waded through about twenty e mails from the seller I have found one that says unladen weight 845-860kg max 1200kg. I would be adding a battery/motor mover/ Alko stabiliser hitch and contents. Is this likely to exceed the 1200kg?
My car is a Skoda Fabia estate 1.6tdi with max towing weight 1200kg. I presently tow a 1993 Pan Familia with the above additions. Well below 1200kg.
Any advice appreciated.
Barbara

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:59 pm

I run a 1200kg axle Triton. I keep a book of weights, always rounding up, so I should be fairly close in working out my running weight.
I have on-board tank, water heater, sprung mattress, bike carrier, spare wheel, battery and mover etc. When the van is full for our extended summer in France it is packed with a lot of gear including two bikes, an awning, groundsheet and two sun shades. With a fridge full of food and more clothes than ever can be worn, then and only then am I getting up to the 1200 limit.

Colin

likes this post!
Last edited Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:00 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:03 pm
by Babs (deleted)

Thanks very much this sounds promising. I will now have to travel from Stockport up to Cumbria to see it and sell my old one!
Barbara

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:40 am

Barbara,
I hope it turns out to be a succesful trip. Attached you should hopefully find a copy of my weights sheet that may be of use to you to adapt.

Colin

Attachment:
No rights to view attachments. Only file names are shown. Register now!
weights updated.docx weights updated.docx

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:55 am
by Babs (deleted)

Thanks Colin

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:10 pm
by eribanaut | 1.228 Posts

Quote: eribaMotters wrote in post #7
I run a 1200kg axle Triton. I keep a book of weights, always rounding up, so I should be fairly close in working out my running weight.
I have on-board tank, water heater, sprung mattress, bike carrier, spare wheel, battery and mover etc. When the van is full for our extended summer in France it is packed with a lot of gear including two bikes, an awning, groundsheet and two sun shades. With a fridge full of food and more clothes than ever can be worn, then and only then am I getting up to the 1200 limit.

Colin

I did that, [ estimated it to 1200] then took it to the public weighbridge 1300
Dave

Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 150 Tdi DSG Troll 552 - 2005
Don't worry about the destination, enjoy the journey.
likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 26 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105784 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1