Truma Ultraheat

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:58 pm
by atkinbrown | 62 Posts
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

We have fitted in the our Troll 530GT a standard Truma gas heater. We are thinking of upgrading this to the Ultraheat with blown air and electric. Unfortunately we have just been quoted £450 by AL Tebay. Has anyone had this done as it seems an awful lot of money especially as they use the existing fire! Perhaps an alternative form of heating would be better. We have a small fan heater but the trouble is it gets hot then heater cuts out then it gets cold before it starts up again and its noisy. Is fitting the Utraheat possible if you are a competent div-er? Any advice very welcome.

Eriba 530GT and Golf 2ltr Estate
Scroll up

RE: Truma Ultraheat

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:23 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

Several have done the ultra heat conversion. If you use the search facility you should find some good information.
The more common route is a 500 watt oil filled radiator. This is quiet and up to the job of out of pre and end of season camping, but not winter.
On my Triton 340 I took another route and fitted a shallow Adax 500 watt shallow/panel heater just inside the door as you go in on the left.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:26 pm
by Randa france | 12.888 Posts

Here's one such link:- truma ultra heat
Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:26 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:25 pm
by Kam | 139 Posts

I was going to get an ultra heat fitted, and had decided to accept the cost, but couldn’t make it to the service appointment on the day because of other commitments. A few weeks later I was going away in winter and bought a dimplex oil free mini radiator. It was about £50 and is perfect. I leave it on all the time in winter and the ‘van is always cosy. I use the gas heater to get things up to temperature from time to time and am always warm and comfortable.

atkinbrown likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:24 am

Photo of Adax heater if interested. The socket under the sink is fed from the electrics readily accessible behind a timber partition. I plug a cheap timer into this so the heating is programmed to come on before we get up and evening time.

11 - adax heater-800.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)12 - adax heater socket-800.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Colin

ps, we have 3 of the De Longhi Bambino oil filled 500 watt rads.We use them in that spell before and after winter at home when you don't really want to put the central heating on. Yes other makes are available at 1/2 the price, but they are nicely made, look good and have a 5yr warranty.

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
atkinbrown, Randa france and Eribanut like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:13 pm
by Kam | 139 Posts

That’s a really neat installation Colin.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:49 am

Thank you. I wanted something as neat and "factory fit look" as possible. When I bought the radiator it was about £45, but has now been superseeded with it's replacement far more expensive. https://adax-solaire.co.uk/product/adax-...tat-option-2-2/
The front of the rad lines up more or less flush with the door openeing as I was able to mount it through the case on 18mm thick plastic discs and not use the radiator brackets supplied. If you have space for something like this and can buy one at a sensible price it is worth the effort. These electric rads seem to be a northern European thing as they are used opposed to the hot water radiators we have in the UK.

Colin

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:45 am

I really do like this solution although I fear that we wouldn't be able to get it to fit near the door as the 530 has a "useful" box affair that holds maps? newspapers? etc ? and also a brolly stand in that position.
I wonder if it would be any use fitting it high up on the wardrobe side?
Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:58 am

It should fit and look OK, but I don't think it would be effective. As it is so high up the heat would not have chance to radiate out before it hits the roof area and escapes.

Colin

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:21 pm
by Old Rocker | 496 Posts

I had an Ultrahear fitted a few years back, I bought the Ultraheat and remote thermostat locally about £200 and had it fitted by an auto electrician another £200 so your quote doesn't seem too bad I seem to remember someone posting up a detailed "how to fit" but was it on Eriba UK forum?

Troll 530, Volvo XC60 2,4 R design

Don't ask me nothing about nothing, I might just tell you the truth
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:02 pm

What do others think about removing the existing Truma and fixing one of these in its place?
https://www.manomano.co.uk/catalogue/p/p...del_id=16744527
It would free up a lot of below wardrobe dead space and the new heater could be mounted on a new hinged panel where we could access behind it.
Randa

Last edited Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:04 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:14 pm

Nice idea. If not camping in colder weather it would be just the job. I suppose for the occasional time when you would be camping in colder weather then a small ceramic heater could be carried as a back up. I cannot remember seeing a larger output panel heater that would fit in the space.
Instead of going hinged why not make life easy and have it on a fixed plywood panel. To get access to the space behind go through a flap/hatch in the bottom of the wardrobe. All the joinery work is then not on show.

Colin

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:01 pm
by Kam | 139 Posts

310B1F2D-1ED1-44C9-94AC-A87F235ABFF7.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

This works well for me. And a lot cheaper than the Ultraheat at £400.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:58 pm

Just come across next size up from what I fitted, and at 1000w if it would fit make a 3 season heater.
https://www.adax.lt/en/1353-portable-hea...p1110-ktp.htmls

Colin

Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 34 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105781 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2