Replacing wallpaper following water ingress

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:17 am
by LinBob (deleted)

Hello All, I wondered if anyone had tried to re-wallpaper any part of the interior following water ingress? We have sadly had a problem with our 430GT 2007 which has left staining on the mid line corner and left staining. I have enquired about the cost of replacement paper which is massively expensive but also apparently quite difficult to fit - this is on the curved part of the rear of the van and ideally we would need to go from the rear window up to the kitchen if we were to do it properly. Any guidance/suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you. Lin
Eriba damp patch.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Scroll up

RE: Replacing wallpaper following water ingress

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:31 am
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

Lin, unless you are going to replace the wall board with original [expensive] then you I would leave alone.
If you could apply some self adhesive velcro strip to the wall then would this allow you to have a removeable material swab/cushion strip. If matched on the other side of the van this would not look out of place. It would also allow you to monitor the area incase the nasty damp returned.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
and Williebraveheart like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:36 am
by LinBob (deleted)

Thank you Colin - that might be the best option.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:04 am
by Randa france | 12.886 Posts

To follow on from Colin's suggestion we hung backrests in the corners of our Troll several years ago. Nothing to do with water ingress but just a Bit of added comfort.

g43p537-Randa-s-Pad.html

randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:38 pm
by LinBob (deleted)

That does looks pretty comfy.

Lin

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:02 pm
by greenman | 14 Posts

I don't have a solution but ask if you've been able to find the source of the water ingress? I have a similar problem at the front of our 2005 Triton430GT close to the floor where the gas locker sits into the 'van under front seat

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:13 pm

Mark,
a few years ago following a very long trip in heavy rain back from France I unloaded the base lockers at the front of our Famila to find damp patches on the floor in the are you mention.
I stripped out the base cabinets and panels [30/40 mins] without any trouble to find the floor around the back of the gas locker fibreglass is edged with an aluminium angle section of metal. This was not sealed correctly and spray from the wet road was being pulled up into the van through the gap. This appeared to have been going on for some time but no damage could be found, just a dirty stained vinyl floor. [that cleaned up fine]
I cleaned and dried everything and then sealed around the inside and outside [lower the back of the van as close to the floor as you can and prop the front up with blocks] with a grey Roofersmate sealant from Screwfix [ https://www.screwfix.com/p/geocel-trade-...rey-310ml/72630]
Several years later I sold the van and the job done sealing the are had proved a success with no further water ingress.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

likes this post!
Last edited Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:14 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:39 pm
by LinBob (deleted)

Mark It's like looking for a needle in a haystack. Hubbie has gone round the white middle strip on the exterior as it appeared to be gapping so a possibility but on reading various posts within the forum, it could be the awning strip or a window seal although nothing obvious is evident. Have seen a couple of instances where awning strips have been taken off on Eribafolk on Facebook but need the weather to get better before we can consider this. Also, we don't seem to be getting water in now ..... the plot thickens! Looks like the post from Colin is a possible solution to your problem though.

Last edited Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:41 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:09 pm
by jago68 (deleted)

I’ve got a 2007 puck land noticed discolouration below the mid rail on both sides. On one side you can feel it’s
slightly bubbled ( delaminated?)
You can’t see it because of curtains , but how do I find out if it’s been treated ? I have photos ! I’ve checked the rail outside and except fir a small vertical gap where the trim joins together it all seems to be sealed properly

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:28 pm

Ideally if the van is new to you I would get a good independent caravan engineer to give it a service and damp test. The £200 would be money well spent.

Colin

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:48 pm
by Lotte (deleted)

We had a similar problem in the same area some years ago it was the high level brake light and the water had tracked down.

Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 40 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105778 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2