RE: Things to do

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed May 27, 2020 11:37 am
by Skoderiba | 209 Posts

Having (almost) run out of jobs to do round the house - I don't count the garden, that is never finished - I thought I would dig out some of my old books from the attic.
I have several boxes of 1960s science fiction so took a book from the top of the first box. 'Death of grass' by John Christopher.
I settled down to read this long forgotten paperback----------- It's about a virus which starts in china and quickly expands to engulf the planet ----- Oh well, put that one back, totally unbelievable.

Fortibus es in Ero
SOULBLUESMAN68 and eribanaut like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed May 27, 2020 1:35 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.464 Posts

Life imitating art 🤔

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed May 27, 2020 3:49 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.328 Posts

I've done a few more bits:-
- Both lofts in the garage sorted and the boys stuff reboxed. Why do they leave all there crap with parents?
- Finished the last of the decorating jobs, doing the wall behind the woodburner now that the summer we cannot enjoy is here
- Lots of bits sold on e-bay and Gumtree from sort out of garage and tools no longer needed
I'm now running out of things to do, so much so that I'm planning for X-mas and winter. You'll understand when you look at the photos. Reindeer decorations are well underway with the last 6 ready for painting, whilst they all need ribbons. One year I made 80 of these which were a much needed earner at £8 for the little ones. I thought a big letter C might be worth making, so cut cut one out of mahogany, bevelled the edges and painted it gold. I red oxide primered it first to get some depth to the gold. And finally I chainsawed and split some logs this morning. I need a few more trailer loads though so whenever I hear a chainsaw in the area I go and find out what is being cut down.

P1040372-1600.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)P1040373-1600.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)P1040374-1600.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
FINNWOODY and Randa france like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed May 27, 2020 8:09 pm
by eribanaut | 1.228 Posts

Quote: Skoderiba wrote in post #61
Having (almost) run out of jobs to do round the house - I don't count the garden, that is never finished - I thought I would dig out some of my old books from the attic.
I have several boxes of 1960s science fiction so took a book from the top of the first box. 'Death of grass' by John Christopher.
I settled down to read this long forgotten paperback----------- It's about a virus which starts in china and quickly expands to engulf the planet ----- Oh well, put that one back, totally unbelievable.

Try reading "Earth Abides" by George R Stewart,
Dave

Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 150 Tdi DSG Troll 552 - 2005
Don't worry about the destination, enjoy the journey.
Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 25 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12541 topics and 105785 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1