Corona servicing whilst under warranty

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:15 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.608 Posts

It's just a thought I don't know the answer, usually Hymer are quite strict with observing the anniversary date for its service whilst the van is under warranty. I would assume during this lock down they are going to have to be flexible?

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
Scroll up

RE: Corona servicing whilst under warranty

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:19 pm
by Williebraveheart | 351 Posts

I certainly hope so.

Stewart

2019 Troll 535GT Fixed Bed. Mercedes GLA 220d 4Matic
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:37 pm

Quote: Williebraveheart wrote in post #2
I certainly hope so.
Stewart

I would assume that the caravan dealers will be closed down as they won't be classed as an essential service. I just got out of office from Lowdhams in Huddersfield. Mine is due a new locker door under warranty.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:59 pm
by Old Rocker | 489 Posts

Message on AL site says they are staying open

Troll 530, Volvo XC60 2,4 R design

Don't ask me nothing about nothing, I might just tell you the truth
Poptop320 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:49 am
by Edna III (deleted)

AL website now says they are closed

60th Edition 530 being eased along by VW Tiguan
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:18 pm
by PooleDweller | 753 Posts

On a previous discussion with AL you have a 6 month buffer over the course of the warranty. For example, say you collected your new Eriba on 01/02/2019 you do not have to get it serviced/ingress checked until 01/08/2020.
For myself I am out of warranty regarding service but not ingress checking. So as I bought in April I can put off the ingress check until October. The service can wait.

2015 Eriba Triton 430GT pushing a 2011 VW Golf Estate DSG 2L Diesel
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:23 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.300 Posts

I was told by Lowdhams that the first service had to be done at 12 months, but flexibilty was allowed on subsequent services.
In light of dealerships being closed I think Hymer wouuld be in dangerous water if they did not allow flexible servicing and any sybsequent warranty work.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Poptop320 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:25 pm

I got an email today from Lowdhams which may help.

Servicing and Warranty Updates
In line with government guidelines both our Nottingham and Huddersfield branches are now temporarily closed, and with only one day’s notice to get the business closed, it has been a tight schedule to get everything in place. All suppliers and manufacturers are also closed.

In accordance with government guidance the majority of staff are in furlough and no longer in the business, however, a small team of Lowdhams’ staff is currently working to help customers with their servicing and warranty queries. Due to the unprecedented circumstances this is taking longer to progress than normal but we will continue to update our Covid-19 FAQs page as we receive further information.

At present it looks likely that warranties and water ingress will be extended until after the lockdown period ends, we are doing our best to get clarification on these from manufacturers as soon as possible for you.

If you already have a service, MOT or repair work booked in during the lockdown, this will of course be postponed and we will contact you as we start to plan our return.

If you have any further questions, please find our FAQs page here, with many of the common Covid-19 questions included.

Thank you for your patience during this time, we look forward to seeing you on our return.

Please take care in these difficult times, thinking of you all.

Kind regards,
Lowdham Leisureworld Limited

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:04 am
by Randa france | 12.864 Posts

John. For the benefit of one of our Facebook Group members, has anything changed in the past 9 months?
Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:45 pm
by Captain Calamity | 342 Posts

Roger,
Advice from Jean (Jandi)
“Ideally the water ingress inspection is done on or around the anniversary of the handover date but it can be done anytime in the six months preceding that date or in the six months following that date”.
No info offered on extension but in a previous exchange she offered to negotiate with Hymer on my behalf.
Kevin

Randa france and eribaMotters like this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 17 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12516 topics and 105598 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2