RE: Cover's Off...

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:03 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.123 Posts

This post makes it very tempting to take off our sage green winter cover and unleash the silver GT shine on the world, even if none of us are going anywhere at present.

However I do share Poptop's thought about the increased eye candy temptation. We think someone had a half-hearted go at the door last year when it was sitting shining on the drive.

On the other hand Kath does love sitting in it on the drive having a brew and reading a book - and this is us into our fourth week of lockdown together . it might be a wise move...........MikeT

Eribanut likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:54 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.463 Posts

Sadly whilst most of us are in lockdown the toerags are still around. We have the hitch lock and wheel clamp on and the Eriba is behind high gates albeit visible from the road. Hopefully in these times a van being towed down the road would attract some attention and the boys in blue might just have a word if only to query the essential ness (is that a word) of the journey.
Mine is staying uncovered and despite a perfectly comfortable bed indoors I am still going to have some nights in the Eriba, once it’s a little warmer Neil says.
Oh and Mr Underhill I’m only opening the wine at weekends, which obviously start on Friday

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
mr_underhill likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:00 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

You're doing better than me with the vino. I'm now dry Monday and Tuesday, unsure whether to try and stretch it to a Wednesday aswell.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:10 pm
by mr_underhill | 688 Posts

Poses the question....How long is a weekend ? Friday to thursday ??

Tardis II , Eriba Puck 1990 pushing a Fiat 500 Colour Therapy, Twin Air Turbo.
One man and his dog.. retired 🐶
Julie Grafo likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:49 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.463 Posts

Well the weekend starts on a Friday and it ends on Tuesday unless the wines last longer

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:00 pm

Thinking again today about yesterdays comment about the increased eye candy it is probably fair to say that on our road the locked down neighbours are out and about at the front of their houses more than they ever are usually and would spot anyone acting suspiciously. Especially as the road is now so empty of traffic.

With this in mind and the fact it was such a sunny day on impulse we decided to take our cover off. Considering that we get really wet and windy weather up here in the Ribble Valley we were stunned at how clean and shiny the van was after the best part of four months under cover. The power of AutoGlym Super Resin polish that I put on at the end of November the day before I put the cover on.

For first time we took all the seat cushions out for the winter and put them in the house. Everything looked hunky dory when we opened it up and there was no sign of any damp. Soon had the table up, two hot cups of coffee going and the cards out. Admittedly not as picturesque as when we last used it at Knaresborough C & M site in November but it felt great.

MikeT

Last edited Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:01 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:14 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.075 Posts

Quote: mr_underhill wrote in post #19
Poses the question....How long is a weekend ? Friday to thursday ??

My weekend is now Tuesday to Sunday allowing me to take my meds on Monday

Steve

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi

Last edited Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:14 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:57 pm

I've been retired 10 years and Kath three so sometimes you have to take care that everyday isn't a weekend................especially if you have lots of cold beer in the fridge on days like this

The problem with lockdown in this heat is that anytime you stop pottering with something, for a sit down in the sun is a good time for a cold beer. As tasty as this is at my age it inevitably is followed within 30 minutes by me falling asleep in the chair..

Mike T

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:12 pm
by mr_underhill | 688 Posts

And what's wrong with that ?

Tardis II , Eriba Puck 1990 pushing a Fiat 500 Colour Therapy, Twin Air Turbo.
One man and his dog.. retired 🐶
SOULBLUESMAN68 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:31 pm

Nothing with the sleeping but loads with the weight that I would put onto my already well-proportioned torso.

Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 44 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105778 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3