Capri North Awning

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:21 pm
by Deraldos Maisonblanc (deleted)

Evening all,

Like many Ive taken advantage of lockdown to get on with the eternal list of jobs....including reminding myself how our 530 functions as we've only had one short trip away when we bought our Troll 530 (2017 model) last Autumn. We also purchased an Isabella Capri North awning at the same time. The awning was an impulse purchase and I subsequently realised it may have been a mistake as our troll was already equipped with an Omnimastor 6200 canopy, that can provide a choice of adequate add on awnings. Oh well....Anyhow, yesterday we decided to erect the Capri North awning. Those of you that have this awning will agree the accompanying instructions are extremely limited and there is nothing on you tube specific for the Capri North, which Isabella claim is suitable for the Familia, Triton and Troll. Fast forward 3 hours and we cracked it without falling out (amazing).

I like the design, material quality and feel that with practice we should be able to reduce the erection time to around an hour. Its annoying that Isabella do not provide the little tensioning tool "hercules' which we shall have to purchase. other than that I'm now happy with the purchase. I would consider getting the omnimaster rain blockers for short trips during the winter/autumn.

If anyone has this awning and is struggling I can forward photos to assist.

[[File:IMG_2683.JPG|none|auto]]

Tarrahrabbit n look after yaself
Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

RE: Capri North Awning

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:38 pm

Trying to add a photo to my post is far harder than putting the awning up tho. Ive tried the 'Fotos Hochladen' & 'Attach File' links to no avail....
IMG_2683.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:41 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.328 Posts

Well done on a successful first attempt. We found that over time with our previous frame awnings, all similar in design to your Capri, that you should be able to get it down to about 30/40 minutes. From arriving on site to get awning up, ground sheet out, awning re-pegged true, electrics on, water filled up, chairs and table out etc, drink of choice in hand then allow about an hour.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:42 pm

It worked!

IMG_2682.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)|addpics|tt4-1-8470.jpg|/addpics|

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:44 pm

Thanks Colin, thats encouraging to know.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:18 pm
by eribanaut | 1.228 Posts

I agree with Colin,If you colour code the poles [bands of different coloured tape] it makes it far easier to know where each piece goes and speeds up the process. We can do ours in 40 min.
Dave

Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 150 Tdi DSG Troll 552 - 2005
Don't worry about the destination, enjoy the journey.
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:29 pm
by Ray Lawrence | 668 Posts

Standing where the front of the awning will be, looking at the van, my poles are coloured port and starboard, ie red left, green right.

2007 Triton 430GT - Seat Ateca 1.4TSI petrol manual

likes this post!
Last edited Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:30 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:17 pm
by Randa france | 12.889 Posts

.....and orange left over?

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:37 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.075 Posts

I need more colours. port, starboard ,fore, aft, aloft, midships and not forgetting overboard.

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi

highmiler and eribanaut like this post!
Last edited Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:38 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:59 am
by Kadders (deleted)

We're going away for a week on 5th july with our 430 touring, and I'm determined to put up the capri North for the duration. We tried twice last summer on two weekends away and succeeded first time with help from other experienced campers but second time gave up as too windy. I would be grateful for any guide or photos anyone has.Thanks.
Steve

Last edited Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:00 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:24 am
by eribaMotters | 5.328 Posts

From memory of our previous frame awnings of same design 10 years ago:-
- lower the roof
- take panels out of awning to reduce weight
- slide the awning fabric into channel and then fold/throw up onto roof out of the way
- assemble front frame and have the legs bent at the 1/2 way point/knees, position this a couple of metres out from the van
- lay out the roof members between frame on the floor and van
- lay frame parts out that sit above awning rail out on floor next to van
now it gets tricky
- insert hook end of roof poles into brackets on van and then into front frame that is lying on the ground, a two person job I seem to recall that now has a part framework kneeling in place
- build frame that sits above awning rail re-hooking through the brackets as you go along
- insert last/centre roof bar
- swing canvas over frame
- fold front legs up to correct height
- adjust frame poles to suit ground
- peg canvas tight near van [you might want to slide undervan skirt into place first if using one]
- put groundsheet/carpet down as this will help you keep things square
- peg out corners furthest from van
- adjust poles again if needed
- continue pegging out but be prepared to re-do a few along the way.
- add storm straps if needed.

Best of luck - Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Last edited Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:28 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:50 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.123 Posts

Good luck Steve as it is a lovely looking awning when it is up.

Any advice from myself would be useless as I am the guy who tried to put up a small AL Porch Awning with the frame back to front and it ended up being thrown unbagged into the back of the estate.

That night in the club house a chap who had been sat outside his van drinking beer straight from a can watching me struggle, came up and said to me that he thought i was putting the frame up wrong.... luckily I had had nothing to drink and thanked him pleasantly for his input.

The Capri is worth the effort to put up so persist and try to reach Colin's 40 minutes.

MikeT

PooleDweller likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:12 pm
by Terryc | 104 Posts

If look on YouTube Capri coal basically the same ,apart from cross part next to caravan .isabella have stopped making Capri north for eriba ,making Capri coal again ...

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:30 pm
by Stewart Page (deleted)

We are looking to sell our 6200 Smart Panels as our grandchildren can’t sleep in it. We only bought them in June 2020 and have used them over the last three weeks. We bought them from Rose Awnings for £633 (inc carriage) but will sell for £550 If you are interested.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:34 am
by Dave53 (deleted)

Hi, we have just picked up our new Eriba familia 320 GT. I'm trying to figure out where the clip pads that hold the poles to the caravan fit. It has one a fixing screwed in for the centre. I can't see how the outer fixings can clamp to the rail, and I don't want to damage it by forcing anything,.it's an Isabella Capri north G10 awning
Any advice welcome.
Thanks Dave

Scroll up

Visitors
5 Members and 27 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105784 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 5