Small Pet Window Grille

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:23 pm
by Randa france | 12.889 Posts

We decided to try and fashion a window grille for the Eriba so that we could leave our cat in the van for short periods of time and not worry about the build up of heat etc.

We were fortunate enough to purchase a whole 7 section small dog fence from our local recycling dept that also runs a charity shop. It only cost us £2.00. Presumably any lightweight metal grille material would work just as well.

The 2' x 2' squares of mesh were just about the right size for the front windows and two hinged together will do for the rear window (yet to be finally developed).

Bend the lugs on the mesh square to suit the application and dig out two 6 x 70mm bolts/stud bar and wing nuts. Fabricate some square plastic washers and fit into the blackout window blind channels before tightening up the bolts/wingnuts. The window can be opened and shut through the grille bars but we wouldn't recomment that you travel with the grille in place for fear of breaking the blind channel.

We tried ours out last weekend and the cat was delighted to have the run of the van and get some fresh air.I'm sure it'd work for small dogs too and would be safe to use on those hot nights in the van where you wish to leave a window open for you and your pet.

IMG_1377.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)IMG_1379.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)IMG_1381.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

IMG_1382.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)IMG_1383.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Poptop320 likes this post!
Last edited Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:26 am | Scroll up

RE: Small Pet Window Grill

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:03 pm
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.011 Posts

And I thought it was a Hymer engineered dog grille.

Tell me Roger, does it work for wives too?

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:55 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.464 Posts

Blimey Andy, you like living dangerously!

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
Steamdrivenandy and Crystal like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:56 pm

Small Pet Window Grille. Plan B

Although tried, tested and worked very well on our last trip we soon realised that it was perhaps an overkill for a small cat weighing in at less than 3 kgs. Also we thought we could live with the fact that if we left the grille up at night we could used the front window sunshades for privacy rather than the black out blinds, the channels for which we used to accommodate the metal grilles. Not really.

Therefore Plan B is using a few cargo nets (circa 700 x 700), one for the side rear window and two for the front which are hooked into place at various points. Should do the trick but we do have a contingency plan in place should the hooks prove not to be strong enough.

Therefore all blinds will work fine and the nets can be taken down in seconds. Having just noticed on the photo that the diamonds on one of the front nets differs from the other I really must do a job on that as otherwise it'll do my head in.

Perhaps retensioning? IMG_1517.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:59 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:15 pm

Would the flyscreen nets do the same job My Captain?

I always prefer something with a lower denier myself.

Or do we risk the Moggy snagging the material.

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:22 pm

No but artful moggie knows how to open the blinds. I dab of the paw and up they go ...........

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:40 pm
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

Quote: Randa france wrote in post #4

Makes me think of The Italian Job, Brinks-Mat, nervous glances in side mirrors, helmets with thick neck rolls and thick-necked thugs with sawn-off shotties jumping out of ancient Transits.

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:03 pm

Talking of Transits, this might work.

I know a retired Acting Chief Constable of South Wales Police, he may be able to swing something for you. Painted purple on the front of the Randacan they'd look errrr b awful.

main-qimg-ae21f12a0a223c5ae67385e6f89e6d4d-c.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG
Scroll up

Visitors
5 Members and 21 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105784 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 5