RE: Any experience with caravan roof covers

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:21 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.123 Posts

Hi Rhys
Find this a bit perplexing as we have an Automotive Leisure cover and we have used it for 3 winters on our 540GT without any damp as yet.

We don't leave the windows open at all or use a humidifier. What we do differently is that we take all the soft furnishings out and store them in the house. Think this may encourage ventilation through the two vents in the floor at the back end. We probably look in the van on the drive every week of two to check that everything is OK. We do get very wet and windy winters so you would think we would get damp if anyone would.

Perhaps we have just been lucky so far and next winter..........

Hope you solve it.

Cheers
MikeT

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:06 am
by RichL (deleted)

I am no expert but I do have a theory. I think its just hit and miss whether you get mold regardless of what you do although all of what has been suggested makes sense. Whatever you do over the winter our climate is such that it goes from cold to warm often which results in condensation whatever you do, plus the UK is just wet so that does not help. If you have some mold spores in the caravan at the end of the year you will get a build up over the winter its really that hit and miss.

eribanaut likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:23 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.075 Posts

There a loads of suggestions online on treating mold and arguements on what is successful. They do, however, all agree that moisture is the culprit. Maybe a Hygrometer could tell you how effective your solutions are. I found this on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ThermoPro-TP50-...e/dp/B01H1R0K68

61kPLaanWlL._AC_SL1000_.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Steve

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi

Last edited Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:24 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:27 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.123 Posts

Hi Steve

Did you manage to listen to this guy on the Amazon video without losing the will to live? Same effect as having a cold lager at lunchtime but this guy sends you to sleep far quicker.

Have you used one of these?

Cheers
Mike T

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:39 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.075 Posts

No Mike, I just thought it records max and min moisture readings so may be useful to see what happens with/without covers for example.

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:08 pm
by marmite | 400 Posts

We've got them ,one sensor in the garage to check that the classic car doesn't get too chilly and the other sensor in the caravan, we've found them to be excellent. Very useful when you live 1200 ft above sea level on the side of an exposed hill. Temps and humidity can be checked whilst staying cosily inside. Also has a max/min reading so you know how cold/hot it has been overnight

Denise & Phil

SOULBLUESMAN68 likes this post!
Last edited Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:14 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
6 Members and 54 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105778 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 6