Isabella ASA Sun Canopy.

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:29 pm
by Randa france | 12.876 Posts

Thanks to Nathan Leighton for sharing it on Facebook.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

RE: Isabella ASA Sun Canopy.

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:47 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.319 Posts

I'm not sure about this one.
- The bowed roof would be nice to stop the door catching, but water would be diverted back towards to van.
- I'm not a lover of the stringed fibreglass poles, even though I have them on a Sunncamp Swift. They eventually become brittle, split and snap, and when so close to the van that could make a nasty mark.
- Black for a roof, why? It will get hot and bird mess will soon spoil it

Also, why fit the poles to the canvas before it is slid into the channel and look how much trouble he was having in only a light breeze. More of a handful than a Shadow.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

marmite likes this post!
Last edited Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:47 pm | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:54 pm
by Randa france | 12.876 Posts

Probably easier than the Shadow for a single traveller though (although the Shadow can be erected single handed).

https://www.isabella.net/uk/sun-canopies/details/asa

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:09 pm
by rutts | 81 Posts

canopy material looks a lot lighter than the Shadow,which I find easy to erect & to be stable in bad weather,so I think I shall stay with what I know.As you advance in years an easy erection puts a smile on yer face.dave

Skoda Superb 1.8TSI assisting a 2002 420GT
eribaMotters, FINNWOODY and Eribanut like this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:05 pm
by marmite | 400 Posts

with longer guy ropes and a slightly better breeze it'd make a good kite

Think I'll stick with the Shadow less likely to do a mary poppins with it

Denise

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Thu May 07, 2020 3:30 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.120 Posts

Must say I agree with others this looks more problematic and flimsier than the Shadow we use on our Troll.

Probably one of the best things we have bought for the 540. On our last outing in November ( to C & M site at Knaresborough) we had it up in about 5 minutes and were having a cup of tea & watching the world go by.

Strangely a couple in a big white box on the pitch opposite us had a three poled Shadow and they couldn't get it erected properly. After watching us be so quick they asked us to help them. Such a strange experience as I am technically pretty useless. Eriba owners rule OK?

MikeT

Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 15 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12532 topics and 105723 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1