Triton & Troll owners with a Caravanstore

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Wed May 13, 2020 8:10 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.320 Posts
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

I can't be the only one who has an awning and canopy addiction. So for Triton & Troll owners with a Caravanstore this might be of use.
A bit of front protection on a Caravanstore is nice, but the standard blockers at 1.9m high are to high for an Eriba. On previous vans I'd addapted the standard blocker, but I wanted something simple and lower.
Fiamma brought out a 1.4m high blocker some time ago, which if you set with a 200/300mm gap between it and the floor should allow fall on the roof and a gap small enough to keep most of the rain out. New for 2020 is a 260 model with an actual length of 253cm. This is ideal for a Caravanstore 280. These were due into the UK in June, but a couple have arrived early. I've just bought one of them from Werbung: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fiamma-Awning...872.m2749.l2649 I don't believe they are holding stock but the goods are coming direct from one of the two importers. I know NovaLeisure is one of the two and all the distributors I contacted had to get back to me later as they needed to check UK stock with importers. Several of them warned me that UK stock stood at two. So if anybody is interested, get the last one.

Colin

The following contents have been linked to this post:

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

RE: Triton & Troll owners with a Caravanstore

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Thu May 14, 2020 9:30 am
by Richard and Helen (deleted)

Hi Colin,
Interesting that you have a Fiamma Caravanstore. Do you have it permanently fitted or put on when on site ? We have just purchased one for our 2018 430 and although not tried it yet it looks like the door will foul it when fixed permanently and probably when erected also. We were getting disheartened thinking we had made the wrong purchase.
Any advice would be welcomed.
Thanks
Richard + Helen

Scroll up

RE: Triton & Troll owners with a Caravanstore

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Thu May 14, 2020 9:59 am
by eribaMotters | 5.320 Posts

Richard/Helen,
I bought my first Caravanstore back in 2003 for my first Eriba. It does foul the door and members have tried different routes through the problem. You can add sticky back velcro inside the top of the bag and on the meeting top surface of the awning. This will pull it up a little but is not perfect. Most people seem to live with the issue, slowly opening the door. When it rains you will tend to lift the door end leg and lower the other leg to get a water run off.
On my pre 2010 vans I fixed a second higher awning rail on the grp roof, at 100mm higher up than the existing rail/gutter. I did not think this was really possible on the new higher roof vans as the curvature is at a different level and the bracing arms would not sit correctly. I'm aware one member has tried this but they have not yet tried it out.
The Caravanstore really is my prefered sun canopy, but I now use an Isabella Shadow on the door side of the van. At 3m x 2m deep it offers similar shade, is quick to put up and lightweight. Due to being fabric and not plasticed it does not perform as well in rain although in showers it is good.
I use our Caravanstore permanently on the other side of the van as it gives protection from rain or sun for the bikes, clothes rail, second fridge and sometimes satlite dish. This works well on long stays when we erect a 2019 model Kampa Air awning on the door side and shorter stays the Isabella Shadow or Sunncamp Swift Van if rain is forcast.
You have not made the wrong purchase. You have an excellent canopy. You will soon work out how it works best for you.

If you use the search facility you will see LOTS of images that will show you what to expect.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
SOULBLUESMAN68 likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 13 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12534 topics and 105728 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2