23rd April.

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:00 pm
by Randa france | 12.890 Posts

My sincere apologies to all the English folk on this forum as I missed St George's Day (and nobody reminded me).

Belated Happy St George's Day St Georges day.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

My excuse is that B***dy Yahoo has somehow taken over my computer as a preferred Search Engine and has booted good old Google into touch and no matter how I try, I can't get my computer to reinstate Google as my preferred option. Google always celebrates UK Saints Days.

I only found out that I missed the day in a round about way when Mrs Grafo was chatting to Mrs Randa about the events of the past week or so.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Markeriba and Poptop320 like this post!
Scroll up

RE: 23rd April.

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:42 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.075 Posts

At least it's flying the right way up

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi
Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:57 pm

Quote: Steve and Debbie wrote in post #2
At least it's flying the right way up

Yes siree, but some Flag Makers don't leave it to chance

george.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Steve and Debbie likes this post!
Last edited Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:58 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:06 pm
by Stevejoyce (deleted)

My excuse is that B***dy Yahoo has somehow taken over my computer as a preferred Search Engine

If its Windows 10, go to the apps settings - default apps. You should be able to switch the search engine back to chrome there.

Capture.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Triton 420 towed by a Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCi
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:36 pm
by rs540 | 261 Posts

Quote: Stevejoyce wrote in post #4
My excuse is that B***dy Yahoo has somehow taken over my computer as a preferred Search Engine

If its Windows 10, go to the apps settings - default apps. You should be able to switch the search engine back to chrome there.

The above is for changing the default web browser.

To change the default search engine depends upon which browser you're using. If you're using the latest version of MS Edge you need to select -

Settings>Privacy & Services>Address bar>Manage Search Engines

and make Google the default search engine.

HTH

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:17 pm

Tried all that but when I get to "make Google my Default Search Engine" it doesn't give me the option to "Save"
I wonder if I could delete Yahoo but as it was part of the original package and I therefore worry that if by doing so, I wipe out a lot of other things?
R

Last edited Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:17 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri May 01, 2020 1:18 pm
by rs540 | 261 Posts

Screenshot (13).png - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Shouldn't have to save anything, just make Google the default. As you can see from the pop-up menu, there is also the possibility to delete so might be an idea to bin Yahoo!

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri May 01, 2020 2:08 pm

Well done that man. I've been trying and trying for many weeks using a different method to the one you use.
Randa

rs540 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri May 01, 2020 6:20 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.464 Posts

I did wonder why you missed the day but then thought its a Welsh thing, too much history to get over .
I flew my flag on the day and the flagpole is still up as my very nice (but bored) neighbour made us both NHS flags out of light and dark blue material she had. That flag has been flying since and will stay up until this current situation is all over, sooner rather than later hopefully.

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon May 04, 2020 2:18 pm
by Stevejoyce (deleted)

I am all ready for 8th May now. Just made up about 8 yards of bunting from the paper templates on the Department of Digital, Culture, Media and Sport website. Hope it doesn't rain though.

https://ve-vjday75.gov.uk/toolkit/

Triton 420 towed by a Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCi

Last edited Mon May 04, 2020 2:20 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
4 Members and 14 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12541 topics and 105785 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 4