new typhoon awning pegs.

in Anything Eriba-related Tue May 12, 2020 10:02 pm
by mr_underhill | 688 Posts

I was sent some new typhoon awning pegs with a temporary garden shed I had delivered yesterday.

IMG_3036.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

As I was putting it on concrete they won't be used. they are about 15 inches long. Just right for an inflatable awning !

IMG_4910.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Tardis II , Eriba Puck 1990 pushing a Fiat 500 Colour Therapy, Twin Air Turbo.
One man and his dog.. retired 🐶
Scroll up

RE: new typhoon awning pegs.

in Anything Eriba-related Wed May 13, 2020 11:29 am
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.123 Posts

until you try to get them out of the ground..............................

So speaks someone who used some extremely long pegs to hold down his Kampa air awning on Walney Island during a spring storm last year.

We had to put the pop top down as we were rocking so much in the wind but the awning was brilliant and , with the aid of a few large stones and bags of sand, it held all night and didn't rip. However next day the industrial length pegs would not budge from the hard standing.

Don't think I will be using such long, strong pegs ever again.

However, my view of the Kampa awning which was not very high, soared as a result.........MikeT

mr_underhill likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed May 13, 2020 1:20 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.463 Posts

Beware “temporary” sheds Andy, you may find it becomes permanent because you now have more stuff that needs storage 😁

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
SOULBLUESMAN68 and mr_underhill like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed May 13, 2020 3:37 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.123 Posts

Sage advice Julie............we turned an attached garage that was full of junk into a music room. As part of the process we threw lots of junk away.

Some six years later we have not one but two sheds now full of different junk and a cluttered music room. There is a lesson there somewhere.....MikeT

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu May 14, 2020 12:14 pm
by rutts | 81 Posts

Murphies Law states that crap expands to fill all available space & did for us!We had a newbuild bungalow with integral garage which was sconverted to a dining room.My wife had a 14' x 8' garden shed built & I had 10'x6' workshop built & in no time at all,both were filled with things we absolutely couldn't do without !! Dave

Skoda Superb 1.8TSI assisting a 2002 420GT
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu May 14, 2020 4:00 pm
by mr_underhill | 688 Posts

This is a temporary shed. I have to clear what was once a garage, before I brought the house and be rational about what is kept " because " and what needs to be kept. I also want to finish converting it into a workshop, so I need the extra space to play shuffle with.

Tardis II , Eriba Puck 1990 pushing a Fiat 500 Colour Therapy, Twin Air Turbo.
One man and his dog.. retired 🐶
Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 59 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105778 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1