Unico Verona for troll

in Anything Eriba-related Thu May 28, 2020 6:23 pm
by Lawrie (deleted)

Probably buy a new one from bax once I have unpicked the webpage.
Wondered if anyone was selling one.
Read that that the blinds were not too good. We would want not want one for privacy only shade. Is the window tinted?
We have a Khymer Motorhome from our California days. Is the troll too tall to fit the Khymer on?
just getting closer by the day

Lawrie

marmite likes this post!
Last edited Thu May 28, 2020 6:27 pm | Scroll up

RE: Unico Verona for troll

in Anything Eriba-related Thu May 28, 2020 7:07 pm
by marmite | 400 Posts

Hi Lawrie

The Khyam Motordome will fit fine on a Troll we've had ours since 2007 and although the roof is showing it's age due to UV degradation we were lucky enough to pick up a door canopy for about £30 which acts as a second roof covering. We also had a traditional Soplair (steel poles) awning with our Triton which we only used a handful of times in the ten years we had it. We got a Kampa pop air thing with our new van but I have to confess that I don't really like it it's too heavy and not a great fit (the newer versions I believe are a better fit - ask Colin for details) and very bulky to transport. All in all I think we'll stick with the Khyam and replace it like for like when it eventually expires, it's easy to set up and the added bonus is that if you pack it away wet and you have enough garden room at home, on a fine day you can pop it up and it'll be dry in about 20 mins. Drying traditional (not freestanding) awnings can be a nightmare.

Don't be in too much of a rush to get another awning , see how you fare with what you've already got. We use the Khyam almost all the time but for quick overnight/weekend stays we have an Isabella sun shadow expensive but very useful for a quick patch of shade or to protect the door exit from showers.

Denise & Phil

and SOULBLUESMAN68 like this post!
Last edited Thu May 28, 2020 7:08 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu May 28, 2020 7:30 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

Lawrie,
if the Unico is what you want then you may well have to buy new as although they do come up for sale I've only seen a couple per year. A new order could also take a couple of months to come through as I believe they are made to order, like the Fortex.
Your other altenative is to find one abroad. This is a nice example https://www.marktplaats.nl/a/caravans-en...previousPage=lr Carriage on one would be about 50 euros.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu May 28, 2020 8:11 pm
by Lawrie (deleted)

Thanks for the responses!
Some good options and need to rethink.
The Used Unico looks good but I would be concerned about condition if bought but the price is excellent
Staying with the Khyam is tempting for this year...the price is also excellent😄

Last edited Thu May 28, 2020 8:12 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu May 28, 2020 8:31 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

Staying with the Kyham would make sense as this season is going to be a short one. It woud also give you a chance to assess what size awning you need.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 51 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105778 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2