Damp patches around midline

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:08 am
by jago68 (deleted)

Only had my puck L 2007 and cleaning it today I found a lot of staining
around the midline in both sides . I’m assuming it’s either old or current water ingress.
I bought from a family member who says it was damp free and regularly serviced but looking
At the log book the last proper service was 2015 😳.
Am having a right panic as I just paid to have it transported across the country .
I’ll have to book a service to get a damp meter check etc but was hoping for advice
From here in the meantime
The last photo is the one where I can feel it’s raised , it’s on the door side. The other patches are in the other side.

Attached pictures:
No rights to view attachments. Only file names are shown. Register now!
 2CFDCA52-AADC-46EE-8CD7-8B684C18382C.jpeg 
 2D312E95-594B-40E3-9CD0-44D6B795BADB.jpeg 
 726C3949-5007-4B26-808C-96735EC63B36.jpeg 
 EFF62201-83AA-495F-BBCB-2ED48E69F255.jpeg 

Last edited Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:14 am | Scroll up

RE: Damp patches around midline

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:44 am
by Sulphurman | 82 Posts

Ouch! I feel your pain. Looks like the centre seal has failed or maybe some damage has been fixed badly. Difficult situation with a family member but I would be going back to them for a refund if it was me, clearly they have neglected to tell you the truth about the damp or the servicing. First thing I would do is get it in the dry somehow to stop any more damp getting in. Either indoors if that's at all possible or buy a cover of some type.

(Verity &) Steve
Esther the Puck and Bianca the BMW. Esther's Instagram
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:00 pm
by Ray Lawrence | 668 Posts

It might have had a leak previously which has since been repaired, just not been cosmetically repaired?

My 2007 Triton, which I have now owned for 5 years, has some discolouration under the rear window. The previous owner assured me that it was caused by water ingress through the high level brake light which had been remedied.
5 years on damp check still ok and I still haven't got round to the cosmetic bit!

Maybe you'll be OK to.

2007 Triton 430GT - Seat Ateca 1.4TSI petrol manual
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:34 pm
by Sulphurman | 82 Posts

Quote: Ray Lawrence wrote in post #3
It might have had a leak previously which has since been repaired, just not been cosmetically repaired?

Very true, but in that case you'd hope to be informed as it is so obvious. If the previous owner says it's 'damp free' but has not mentioned a previous repair so as to explain the patches, I'd still be dubious. I do hope you're right though. The previous owner may have bought it in that condition I suppose. Would it say on the 2015 report I wonder?

(Verity &) Steve
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:07 pm
by campnsnooze | 1.148 Posts

Hi, Oh dear, feel for you. It might be worth checking the awning rail all the way round. That might need redoing. When we had a leak from the outside awning rail, the water came in through the mid internal rail join and we ended up with wet feet in bed!!...water will travel and ours travelled about 2M to where our bed is situated.
Good luck, Chris

likes this post!
Last edited Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:08 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:03 pm
by jago68 (deleted)

Thank you so much everyone, I had ta lovely service man around and he reassured me that it was not sodden, probably old damp and at worst the awning and mid rails would need to have a new seal, so not the thousands of pounds I was worried about!!
My family member offered to pay for this so all is A ok. I would like to replace the internal panels at some point as now i can see all the staining I cant unsee it!s
Any ideas on where and how much this might cost ?

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:25 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

Well that's a relief. I see you are in the North West. Foum member John E is a well respected Mobile Caravan Engineer and can be contacted via PM through the forum or found at http://www.nestoncaravanservices.co.uk or E-mail john@nestoncaravanservices.co.uk.
He would be the man to do the exterior work and might be interested in the interior. I'd guess the costly bit is the interior panels as this could involve an expensive strip out. Could you hide/Camouflage the areas by either high backs to the cushions, oil based undercoat paint or some form of adhesive film?

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:27 pm
by Sulphurman | 82 Posts

Quote: jago68 wrote in post #6

My family member offered to pay for this so all is A ok.

What a star!

I think the interior panels are expensive to replace not least because of the labour involved stripping the inside down to do it. I wonder if they can be (spray) painted? Would involve a lot of masking up and protective wrap but possibly a DIY option if you're into that? Just a thought really.

(Verity &) Steve
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:43 am
by eribanaut | 1.228 Posts

I did hear some time ago that Jandi could supply a wall paper to match the original, so it may be available from other sources too, but probably expensive.
Dave

Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 150 Tdi DSG Troll 552 - 2005
Don't worry about the destination, enjoy the journey.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:01 am

mr_underhill likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:04 am
Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 40 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105778 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2