CCC sites varied opening arrangements

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:05 pm
by marmite | 400 Posts

Just had an email from CCC detailing which sites will not open this season, which will open without shower/toilet facilities and which will be fully open.

The one we've booked will be open without facilities - so its down to getting a portable shower for hairwashing and showering anyone got any recommendations?

Denise & Phil

Scroll up

RE: CCC sites varied opening arrangements

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:22 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

C&MC have posted on their site:-

In line with UK Government advice, we are very pleased to share with you our plan to open the majority of our campsites from 4 July 2020. At the moment this applies to our sites in England only.
Most, if not all of our common areas will be open with social distancing measures in place. This could include toilet blocks, laundry, information rooms, water and waste points.

According to the itemised list of sites I'd say 80% will be opening.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Last edited Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:37 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:04 am
by Captain Calamity | 349 Posts

Marmite
Check out the RISEPRO Camping Shower Head Portable Camp Shower Head Built- In 2200 MAH Rechargeable Battery on Amazon.
We use ours for the dog but it is good unit with decent flow. All you need is a bucket of warm water.
Capn C

marmite likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:54 am
by rutts | 81 Posts

If,like my wife & I,you are smallish people then you can shower(with the pull out tap if fitted or a portable,battery operated shower,in the washroom.We use suction cup hooks to hang a shower curtain across the door.I find it easier to sit on the loo(with the lid closed) to shower,but my wife manages to stand. The shower is Ring & can use either fitted batteries or plug in to the 12v supply.A 10ltr bucket of water does the both of us. In the cooler weather I crank the blown air heating up & it is all quite civilised.Dave

Skoda Superb 1.8TSI assisting a 2002 420GT
marmite likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:50 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.463 Posts

Denise,we used a Hozelock PortaShower when we were living in the PuckL during building works. You need an utility tent and something like a builders bucket to stand in. We found we used 1 kettle of boiled water to about 3 kettles of cold water. Maximum fill is 5 litres.That allowed for a decent length of shower. You simply pumped the handle to achieve the pressure then there is an on/off switch on the shower head. Worked well for the 3 months we used it.
Presumably you could use it in the washroom if you have one, we didn’t in the PuckL hence the tent.

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+

marmite likes this post!
Last edited Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:51 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:30 pm
by marmite | 400 Posts

Thank you for all your replies, I saw the Portashower and thought it looked ok - we've already got the shallow builders trug thing which we've used with large jugfuls of water for scrub/shower rinsing in the past so I may treat myself it'll come in handy for the muddy dog in the winter too.

Denise & Phil

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:31 pm
by Sulphurman | 82 Posts

We bought one of these:

Fold out pool

and I'm in the process of making a shower out of some hose and a pump. Gonna put it in the awning annexe we just got and have a little shower room with a curtain across.

(Verity &) Steve
Esther the Puck and Bianca the BMW. Esther's Instagram
Markeriba and marmite like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:47 pm
by Nthurrzzz (deleted)

Have a look at Colapz. They are known for their collapsible buckets but have greatly expanded their range. They have portable showers too. We picked one up and although we haven’t had chance to use it properly, we have tested it and it seems pretty good. You can pick up cheap pop up shower tents on eBay and Amazon.

https://colapz.co.uk/collections/portable-showers

~ N

~ 530 and proud
Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 51 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105778 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2