On the top!

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:53 pm
by Derekcbr (deleted)

Has anyone got on top of their Eriba? I clean the top of my Troll with an extendable brush but their are a few bird droppings that are a bugger to remove! Dare I ask if anyone has got on top? I’m a 14 stone old man and the wife thinks I’ll break the pop top. She’s probably correct but I just thought I’d ask. Thanks

Scroll up

RE: On the top!

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:37 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

I have been on the roof, but I do not like doing it. I've found the best way yo reach into the middle to move the nasty marks is with a wet rag around the end of a broom, not broom handle. You can get a fair bit of persuasive pressure onto the offending deposits.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:55 am
by Sulphurman | 82 Posts

Pushing a very wet sponge over the top of the bird poo and leaving it there for 5-10 mins is a good tip to make it easier.

(Verity &) Steve
Esther the Puck and Bianca the BMW. Esther's Instagram
SOULBLUESMAN68 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:40 am
by Steve and Debbie | 1.075 Posts

I had some seagull poop on the boot of my car once and it ruined the paint. Since then I always remove it with a wet kitchen roll as soon as I see it.

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:14 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

Must admit I'm also guilty of the wet kitchen towel useage. I usually just leave it on the poe for 10 minutes until it gets soft and then rinsed off.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Steve and Debbie likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:48 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.123 Posts

I wouldn't dream of trying to get on the top as I don't think I would get off safely - and I would love to be only 14 stone!!!

I have one of those extending mop type things which are OK but not great at putting downwards pressure on with. In fact I have damaged it through over-vigorous pressing down and have had to cobble together running repairs......but it still works.

The bit I find more difficult is trying to polish the pop top, especially those hard to reach middle bits. I usually gash something together with a cloth and then a duster at the end of a light aluminium pole, but I'm sure someone has a better way.

MikeT

Last edited Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:49 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:38 pm
by NickR | 38 Posts

I have just given my Triton a thorough clean and polish, using Fenwicks caravan cleaner and Bobby Dazzler. As someone about 14 1/2 stone, I had to exercise
great caution. We live in Suffolk on sandy soil which deposits a wind blown layer of crud plus bird poo. The cleaner and a sponge took it off but a fair amount of elbow grease was needed. Ideally, you want a working platform enabling a standing position and being able to use a mop as if on the floor; however I used a small two part alloy ladder and leant it against the rain gutter, having wrapped Duck tape around the ladder uprights; that needed about 6 different positions. The only fun part was spraying the wax on with a pump up spray. I have now ordered a Protec cover, and my back has recovered..
Nick

SOULBLUESMAN68 likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 62 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105777 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2