Caravan club checking in during the pandemic

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:23 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.609 Posts

I thought it may be useful to share the caravan clubs pandemic checking in process. We had booked our holiday last year and it just happened to coincide as the site opening dates. First of all I got a phone call from the site to pay by card, them I got asked if I had a preferred pitch as I was going for more than a week. I was then given a one hours window time slot to check in.

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!

Randa france likes this post!
Last edited Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:24 pm | Scroll up

RE: Caravan club checking in during the pandemic

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:05 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.315 Posts

It is nice to think they are trying to find solutions. I wonder how flexible they are on check in times?
We are travelling Merseyside to Devon on the 3rd, parking up on a friends property for a couple of days before moving on to a site. If we had to aim for a site check-in working around a 7 hour drive when things run perfectly I would not be very confident of my estimated arrival time.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
SOULBLUESMAN68 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:54 pm
by Randa france | 12.876 Posts

We've got several CC sites booked for later in the year. One of them frustratingly, can only accommodate us, van only, for two days before the rest of the week a van and awning space becomes available ( can't remember which site). I wonder if that is now "all change"?

Presumably John, you only need to pay, by credit card, on the hour of your arrival?

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:55 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:13 pm

Quote: Randa france wrote in post #3
We've got several CC sites booked for later in the year. One of them frustratingly, can only accommodate us, van only, for two days before the rest of the week a van and awning space becomes available ( can't remember which site). I wonder if that is now "all change"?
Presumably John, you only need to pay, by credit card, on the hour of your arrival?
Randa

Hi Roger, if it is the same as me you will get a call about a week before you go from the site you are going to and then pay by card over the phone

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:27 pm

Wow. That's a bit dodgy John. To the best of my knowledge the CC don't ask for advance payments do they?

The problem is that if you're on your travels when they ring, you either won't answer the call if it's a home phone (or your son/daughter/granny won't have your card details), or if a mobile number then you're probably not in a position to deal with the transfer.

I feel a phone call coming on .................

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:10 am | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:09 pm

Quote: Randa france wrote in post #5
Wow. That's a bit dodgy John. To the best of my knowledge the CC don't ask for advance payments do they?
The problem is that if you're on your travels when they ring, you either won't answer the call if it's a home phone (or your son/duaghter/granny won't have your card details), or if a mobile number then you're probably not in a position to deal with the transfer.
Randa

I am going on the first day so maybe some of the conditions I am experiencing could be to stem a massive tailback of vans trying to get in on one day.?? I also got a text advising me of the arrival and payment details.
Here is the CAMC website..

https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/uk-holiday...-our-campsites/

Randa france likes this post!
Last edited Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:23 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:56 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.743 Posts

It sounds as if the conditions on their and the C&CC sites are going to be pretty grim and user-unfriendly when they open so I'll be giving it a miss. Same goes for pubs and sports clubs.

Maybe we'll venture out again if things have improved by September.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Magpie likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:10 am
by Steve and Debbie | 1.075 Posts

I also was waiting for things to get back to some normality before venturing out. But now that 'normality' may be along way off I may have to have a rethink.

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:30 am
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.117 Posts

I think they are doing their best in difficult circumstances - are they still all working from home?

We should have been in South Wales at the moment in a mix of C & M and C&CC sites. Our final booking was at Wrexham for a few nights to break the return journey up North. Our arrival was before they re-opened but went into the following week. We got an urgent message from them to let them know what we were doing for the final two nights. My geography is good enough for me to know that Wrexham is in Wales and therefore wouldn't be open yet anyway. I didn't want to make a fuss an this difficult time so simply cancelled, but it must be stressful time for them.

I agree with Colin about the problem of having a short time window to arrive if you are travelling a long way to a site.

Last night we booked a couple of sites for September & October each within a 2 hour drive. We hope by then that teething issues with the toilets will have been more or less sorted.

However yesterday we did practice getting the shower head from our Troll out of the side window in case we couldn't/or didn't want to use the communal facilities. It reached OK so we are thinking of using our original AL Porch Awning as a shower room pitched against the toilet window - think it should work.

We will see

MikeT

Last edited Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:32 am | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:15 pm
by Williebraveheart | 351 Posts

I am waiting for next year when hopefully we have learned as a society to behave in this situation. Places are not really open, they have reached minimum survival (business wise) levels and health wise, who knows? All too soon for me.

Stewart

2019 Troll 535GT Fixed Bed. Mercedes GLA 220d 4Matic
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:04 pm
by Eribanut | 2.025 Posts

Quote: Randa france wrote in post #5

The problem is that if you're on your travels when they ring, you either won't answer the call if it's a home phone (or your son/daughter/granny won't have your card details), or if a mobile number then you're probably not in a position to deal with the transfer.

Randa

According to the website you call them upon arrival the number being displayed at entrance. As you are given an arrival time it means there shout not be a queue. You then pay by card over the phone and advised your pitch number. The only problem here is that as everyone and their son is trying to get away then there are bound to be numpties who turn up without a booking hoping to get in members or non-members. Perhaps not!

Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis
Tempus fugit; carpe diem
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:14 pm
by Captain Calamity | 343 Posts

Heading for the CC site at Barnard Castle soon. At least we don't have to worry about complaints!

Randa france, campnsnooze and SOULBLUESMAN68 like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:17 pm

Don't forget to get a "we've been to " sticker. We intend doing so in September. Best thing to ever happen to Barny Castle
Randa

campnsnooze, FINNWOODY and Captain Calamity like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:55 am

Quote: Captain Calamity wrote in post #12
Heading for the CC site at Barnard Castle soon. At least we don't have to worry about complaints!

If your going in the next two weeks I will see you there, look out for a Familia 320 on pitch 69!....

John

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:21 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.117 Posts

Don't think you'll be able to move in Barnard Castle high street for Dominic Cummings T-shirts & mugs and locals who claim to have seen him.

He should have gone last time we were there. it was pouring with rain & with really dark skies. We were sheltering in a pub when a contractor on the main street cut through the electric cable and the whole of the upper side lost power. They could no longer pull beer and had to get some candles out. It was incredibly dark inside Cummings and his family could have sat there all afternoon unnoticed and he wouldn't have had to do his Downing Street garden cabaret.!

MikeT

Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 34 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12528 topics and 105700 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1