Water heating element

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:34 pm
by fishcultureman (deleted)

I would be interested to know if there is such a thing as a 240v low wattage water heating element? Basically - we want to be able to do the dishes and wash without having to boil the kettle all the time. No room in the van for a gas water boiler so open to any suggestion/alternative.

Ps Campsites in N. Ireland are not allowing sinks to be used for anything until this pandemic thing passes btw.

Thanks.

Last edited Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:45 pm | Scroll up

RE: Water heating element

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:53 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.315 Posts

Have a look at tea urns. We used a Swan 8L when we had a trailer tent. I remember it was a dual element. one for heat up and the other for holding the temp when up to the required level. I cannot recall the wattage, but 1500w for the main rings a bell.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:20 pm

Quote: eribaMotters wrote in post #2
Have a look at tea urns. We used a Swan 8L when we had a trailer tent. I remember it was a dual element. one for heat up and the other for holding the temp when up to the required level. I cannot recall the wattage, but 1500w for the main rings a bell.

Colin

Thanks for this suggestion. Some of our campsites here are 6amp only so close to the wire with that. I am going to look into it though. I've also read on this forum of some folk using something called a 'super kettle'? Your idea sounds better though.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:33 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.315 Posts

Several owners went down the super kettle route. It is physically smaller but has same sort of footprint as a small tea urn. Advantage of tea urns is the variable temperature facility.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:01 pm

Good point about the kettle. On that I spotted a 950w 8L tea urn on Amazon - Igenix IG4008. Reviews a bit iffy despite the smaller print...so will likely go for a Swann model instead.

Last edited Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:11 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:03 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.609 Posts

As a cheap alternative I use a thermal kettle, it keeps the water hot all day and uses very low ampage, Its more than enough for hot drinks and washing up through the day. We use the 3.5 litre model as it fits better under the cupboards. We also use it in the house and take it with us when in the Eriba, it has been switched on for three years 24/7 with no issues.

https://www.scottsofstow.co.uk/neostar-p...m-water-boiler/

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!

Last edited Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:09 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:07 pm

Right now we need something a tad bigger than a thermal kettle, so punted for a 8L Igenix IG4008 tea urn in the end. Having said that, the tea urn is for getting us through pandemic camping trips. The thermal kettle appeals to us much more when this is all over though, so thanks for the link.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 15 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12528 topics and 105701 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0