2012 Familia 320 Lightweight Awning

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:51 pm
by ERIC49 (deleted)

Hi, at the moment we are using a Walker awning which is an excellent awning but as we are knocking on a bit it we are finding it a lot of work putting up when on a short stay. Would be very grateful for any suggestions for a suitable lightweight awning which would be easier to erect when only stopping for 2 / 3 nights.
We also have a Fiamma sun canopy which is ok if the weather is good but have found it challenging when its windy and raining. Has anyone tried the
" WindBlocker " side panels (Lillypad ) that apparently can be fiited to the sides of the Fiamma.?
Thanks

Last edited Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:58 pm | Scroll up

RE: 2012 Familia 320 Lightweight Awning

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:24 pm
by GT runner | 291 Posts

Hi Eric, we had the Walker awning and found it to be a real struggle to put up - and all the time fretting about the sharp metal poles scratching down the side of our lovely silver Eriba. Anyway all our awning dreams came true when I discovered the Vango Hexaway at the NEC. It’s a air awning and we can set the whole thing up in 10 minutes. We slide it onto the awning rail with the help of the Kampa Awning Pulley (brilliant gadget), then pump it up with the included 2 way double action pump. This results in a perfect large domed top awning with various options for having the sides pen on a sunny day or closing up and zipping up the included blinds for more privacy. Here is a link:

https://www.vango.co.uk/gb/awnings/179-a...way-ii-low.html

Here is a picture of the Hexaway on our 530, and it also fitted our previous 310 perfectly.

Hope that helps, Robbie

Attachment:
No rights to view attachments. Only file names are shown. Register now!
IMG_0306.HEIC IMG_0306.HEIC

eribaMotters and SOULBLUESMAN68 like this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:58 am
by eribaMotters | 5.320 Posts

What a nice alternative idea Robbie and at a reasonable price. No fixed groundheet will mean good for UK sites use. Do you need to use the awning straps for stability?
I spoke to Vango a couple of years ago as I liked the fabric and they have a very good reputation. They spoke unoficially of an Eriba specific inflatable awning being considered, but nothing ever came of it.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:07 am

Eric,
any awning in the wind and rain is a pain. We use the excellent Isabella Shadow for sunny times but also a Sunncamp Swift Van 260 for short rainy stays. This is open fronted but they now do an enclosed model that also goes to the floor without leaving a 150mm gap. It has one fibre glass and aluminium pole at the front and is very lightweight. Only drawback is the roof flaps in the wind and makes a noise.
Sunncamp Swift Van Canopy 260 (2)

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Poptop320 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:06 pm
by devonmaid (deleted)

We use the same but have upgraded the sunncamp swift slightly to the Vareo, which has a front on it

Eriba Pan pushing Volvo V70
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:01 pm
by monoboard | 352 Posts

i have a Shadow awning and could do with a end panel but gather the Genuine one is too high for the eriba. I am keeping my eye out for a very simple porch awning, smaller the better with in reason. With work i will only get one or two night sometimes hence small & easy to fit

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:36 pm
by monoboard | 352 Posts

Isabella on their shadow side panel have a fancy little bracket that appears (on there online instructions) to clamp on/under the awning rail to support a aluminium rafter for the end panel. has anyone seen anyone selling them. I have a a rafter from a fiamm bag awning from years ago i might be able to adapt but the little bracket could be handy

Last edited Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:19 pm | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:13 pm
by fishcultureman (deleted)

We recently bought a Vango Bondi Low awning. Suits our 91 Familia well and is light weight and easy to set up etc. A few people on this forum have it I think.

https://www.winfieldsoutdoors.co.uk/vang...ehicle-shelter/

update on this: It is not resilient in high winds!

Last edited Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:01 pm | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:27 am
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.120 Posts

Hi Monoboard
I have seen these somewhere recently for sale in I think a pack of three. I can't remember exactly were as I have a poorly functioning short term memory but I will look tomorrow in my history to see if I can re-locate it
MikeT

monoboard likes this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:58 am

For those three little brackets ina pack it's worth looking here for code:- https://www.isabella.net/uk/accessories/...upID=&PageNum=6

Colin

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:08 am
by ERIC49 (deleted)

Many thanks to all for your suggestions.The Vango Hexaway looks really nice ... I take it that the double doorway connection to the van is attached by threading it into the van awning rail ? Does it tend to " flap " a lot ?..... I watched an instruction video on this awning and as it was windy this seemed to be the case ?
Thanks again

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:30 pm
by monoboard | 352 Posts

Who makes the smallest & most simple porch

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:51 pm

I do not know of anybody who currently makes an Eriba specific porch awning.
The smallest Eriba specific awning would probably be a winter awning such as the Isabella Snow and Fun. This is a very robust piece of kit, but not simple.
If you were prepared to consider something open fronted then the Sunncamp Swift is well worth a look. When not on extended/long pitches we carry an Isabella Shadow for sunny stops and the Sunncamp for wet times.
Sunncamp have introduced a fronted version of ths caleed the SunnCamp Swift Verao 260 Low https://www.norwichcamping.co.uk/shop/pr...ning-2020-9775/ This might meet your needs.

Colin

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:21 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.611 Posts

Automotive Leisure use to sell a porch awning, I still have mine which I will keep for possible winter touring in the future. It may be worth giving them a ring to see if they have any in stock. This is the porch awning on my Familia.

pictures_u374_437cff.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:17 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.120 Posts

Hi Monoboard

One of the places that I saw what I think you were referring to was on the Caravan Accessory Shop Web site. I haven't managed to find the one that was for three sold together yet
Cheers
MikeT

Scroll up

Visitors
7 Members and 22 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12534 topics and 105729 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 7