Caravan Insurance

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:05 am
by monoboard | 352 Posts

Are most people’s caravan insurance in case someone runs into them or vice-versa? Or include caravan breakdown and what sort of prices are people paying. Last autumn when I bought my 320 & due to circumstances (death in the family) I only managed a 3 night and a 2 night away. Then of course this year with coronavirus and August the insurance is coming due again. Haven’t had much use out of that, you would wonder when we couldn’t caravan because of the virus if the insurance company would give us a credit to put against the next policy!

Scroll up

RE: Caravan Insurance

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:16 am
by eribaMotters | 5.315 Posts

I suppose our insurance covers the following key areas where we would need to make a claim:-
gets broken into, is stolen, damaged by unknown third party, damaged by un-insured
As regards breakdown cover, this is not usuallya standard inclusion unless it is the result of an accident. With Lifesure you can pay an extra £10'20 for the van to be taken to a place of safety/repair.
A credit towrads your next premium would I imagine be off the cards as your policy does not cover just use but also theft, and over the time you have not used it the van could still be stolen.
Premiums for everybody differ, but I posted this elsewhere to give you a guide on what I pay:-
Lifesure
2017 Triton 430
New for Old
£25K + £500 personal effects
£100x/s but £250x/s for storm damage to awning
Wheel clamp and Hitchlock
Stored at home Liverpool postcode
I'm 58 and towed/insured a van since 2003 without any claims
European cover up to 180 days inc
£254.48 paid in Feb 2020, down from £267.83 for 2019-20

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
monoboard likes this post!
Scroll up

RE: Caravan Insurance

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:30 am
by monoboard | 352 Posts

my policy was with caravan guard and last year was £346, and no doubt there will be lots of clauses! that make some polices not worth the paper there written on. i haven't had a quote this year yet but i'm going to get a quote elsewhere
COVER APPLICABLE SUM INSURED / LIMIT OF LIABILITY POLICY BOOKLET
Cover Basis
New For Old
You must ensure the sum insured for Your Caravan,
Equipment and Personal Possessions represents the full
value for the cover basis.
New for old age limit is 15 years from the year of manufacture’
Caravan Up to £21500, as confirmed by you
Locks & Keys £500
Liability to the Public £2,500,000
Compensation For Fatal Injury £25,000
Ill Driver £1,000 in any one Period of Insurance
Permanent Residence Limit 180 days in any one Period of Insurance S

Last edited Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:33 am | Scroll up

Visitors
6 Members and 27 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12528 topics and 105698 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 6