Just when you think life is going well....

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:49 pm
by Sulphurman | 82 Posts

....You get reminded how fragile it is.

Been really looking forward to getting out in Esther and sharing some of that time with my parents, as they are keen 'Motorhomers'.

Dad had been suffering with what we thought was just a chest infection but he started getting worse and mum decided to call an ambulance on 1st of June. To cut a short story even shorter, he was diagnosed with Leukaemia and we lost him on the 25th of June. He was just 77.

I'll still be going away in August, and I know he would be saying to me now that life is too short to not enjoy yourself, so I'm determined to enjoy things and dedicate good times had to him.

Fantastic memories of journeys down through France and Spain, with six of us in a little blue VW that he converted himself from his work van in 1975 and that was just the start.... He was a friend to everyone he met and I will miss him terribly.

(Verity &) Steve
Esther the Puck and Bianca the BMW. Esther's Instagram
Scroll up

RE: Just when you think life is going well....

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:12 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.460 Posts

My deepest sympathies to you and all your family. It’s 3 years since my Dad died and I miss his great character and love every day. The pain does go and you are left with all the memories. Enjoy life, make more memories. Celebrate all the great things about your Dad.

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
Sulphurman likes this post!
Scroll up

RE: Just when you think life is going well....

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:59 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

I'm so sorry to read about the loss of your Dad. Yes, have fun and you'll always take him with you in your heart.

Betty, 1998 Triton 430 and Colin, a Renault Mégane.
Randa france and Sulphurman like this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 7 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12528 topics and 105701 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0