RE:Cover for Puck L with external gas box

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:19 pm
by Weeches (deleted)

Duh! Having moved house earlier this year we’ve finally unpacked and discovered our AL cover for our lovely 1996 Puck L didn’t make the trip (together with a few other ‘don’t chuck away’ things! ) Any suggestions please as our budget is pretty limited and the only obvious choice (Kampa) says it’s not suitable for a van with an external gas box. Has anyone tried one and found it actually fits, or are there any other (suitably cheap!) options please?
Nick and Juliet x

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:16 pm
by Randa france | 12.889 Posts

Hi both. It'd be interesting to run a tape over your PuckL (with external gas locker) to see how it measures up with a newer PuckL or a Familia. The length difference betweek the PuckL and the Familia is measured in mms so a cover for the fatter bodied Familia might stretch over the protruding gas locker except the door will be in the wrong place?
The Kampa covers look to be quite generous in size anyway if you look at a picture of them :-

Kampa Cover.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) Kampa Cover

To cover or not to cover

Have you confirmed that Kampa do a cover for a PuckL because they are quite new to the Eriba caravan cover game and it is I ( LECLERC !! ) who informed them of the protruding gas locker models. They may not realise that the door position on a so called cover for a PUCK L is in a different place to a Familia.
Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:17 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:20 pm
by Weeches (deleted)

Thanks Randa, I’ve measured our van and reckon the Kampa cover should be ok. If it’s a bit tight I can always get my trusty sewing machine out and be a bit creative! I’ll also contact them and just check on zip position for door (fingers crossed!).
Cheers, Nick

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:38 pm
by Randa france | 12.889 Posts

A second hand Protec cover for a PuckL has come up on Facebook. Collect Southampton £150.00.

Sharon Merredew.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Looking at the sag in the front, it's like the Protec cover of a close friend and neighbour of ours that he uses to cover his Puck L without protruding gas box. That cover would fit either so I presume this one will as well.
Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:39 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:23 pm
by Weeches (deleted)

Thanks Randa, I'll check it out.
Nick

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 22 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105784 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0